European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion about political situation

+24
FireBall
Devil
cnik
Nicover0602
Anette
Zeckett
Geronimo
Valtar
Drakoola
Über
stelistu
cephei
BuLL
Iron
cmnndr
Adm
Claymore
Frosty
Fosters
Luna
Malin
Zakh
Cinc
Gloom
28 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Discussion about political situation - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion about political situation

Post by Devil Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 am

I'm okay with anything, most of our players are usually online everyday.
But maybe a freeze would be good since I don't know how active I can be the following days xD

Devil
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Discussion about political situation - Page 5 Empty Re: Discussion about political situation

Post by Negative Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am

I know I'm not the captain of my team but perhaps extending the time of every turn to like 2 or 3 days would be a better idea, in my opinion that is

Negative

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:28 am

Well, I must say, I agree with Nega. I mean, you know I love the idea Gloom, and I was with you at the time of creation so I had somewhat an idea of how this would be made.

I think Risk is a good tourney and nicely made and would be even better if there would be no time per turn. Imo this is what has been generated most of the drama and stress among teams and players.
There are lots of situations where a team attacks and the defending team is not available at 1 hour but it's available at another hour and which the attacking team might not be anymore. Right here we'll have stress from players and arguments starting, including some people poiting fingers and what not.

So here are a few ideas for the next Season:
- I get it that the general idea is that there must be some kind of Risk if your team is not active. But not everyone has time everyday at a specific hour, so it's hard imo to do this everyday. So instead of making turns per day, why not remove the daily limitation and implement another kind of risk?
For example, if the attacking team is trying to conquer a territory and they lose, the defending team gets the attackers territory.

- Also, here's an idea for the forum. Why not create a sub-forum for every Risk team?
And every team would only post the Attacking matches. I think it would be easier to track and more organized. It would also be easier to see, statistically, how active is a team, how much they attacked, defended and what's their overall result.

Anyway, this is just my opinion. Hopefuly we'll finish this season and Gloom won't be too pissed to start a 2nd season ^^
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Devil wrote:...
To answer it shortly No No, no, maybe Wink.

Imagine there is no timelimit to play a game, now imagine active Team A attacking inactive Team B - You follow up so far ?Good Smile. Now imagine Team B stalling the game for whatever weird purpose they choose - this leads to a situation where Challenge could be resolved within even a month. We wouldn't like that right ?

Now lets consider the idea to punish attakers for their failed attempt at conquering enemy. From what I can imagine this will scare some weaker teams even more thus making them extremly inactive. Plenty of examples in Season1 team purple wouldn't even dare to attack team blue or red knowing that they will lose their countries for trying their luck. In the end they would simply remain passive and hope to God that no1 will wipe them out within first 4 turns. - If you even add no timelimit rule this would let team purple avoid playing forever.

2 days instead of 1 day rule I might agree and implement this rule in Season2 even in Season1 (would be good to freeze the game first so every team could adapt to this new rule) but lets be honest we are talking about 15 minutes a day ^. You guys signed in to this tournament knowing exactly the rules before You decided to play. I realize that You started tournament with enthusiasm, when the idea was fresh and then enthusiasm faded off along with your territories Wink - pity it lasted only a few days
What could possibly change if we make it 2 days? Some people are troublemakeres types, they would cause drama even if it was 1 month timelimit. - best way is to exclude potential troublemakers and thats what I intend to do if this Tournament will end.

Althou I wouldn't like to implement those ideas in my tournament I encourage You or any other guys that likes a challenge (since our community is challenging) to host sth by your own, should be interesting. I bet I will have all kind of helpfull tips for You then ^^.

Regards
G
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:16 pm

Discussion about political situation - Page 5 Sleazy

Really sleazy move, considering that we're not lifeless and check this forum every 2 min. How about we attack everyone at 19:59:59 and get territories because they didn't play before 20:00?

I'd ask for this to be moved to turn 11.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:25 pm

Cinc wrote:Discussion about political situation - Page 5 Sleazy

Really sleazy move, considering that we're not lifeless and check this forum every 2 min. How about we attack everyone at 19:59:59 and get territories because they didn't play before 20:00?

I'd ask for this to be moved to turn 11.

As far as I know you have 24 hours to play the game from the time the challenge was posted. Problems?
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:32 pm

haha cinc , im starting to agree with var , we have 24 hours to play , any problems ? Twisted Evil

ty admi Wink
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 pm

Gloom wrote:8. When Team A tries to attack Team B territory – they have to resolve the fight within 24 hours or else Team A instantly wins and capture territory [ if Team A challenge team B and then avoid the fight with Team B they will simply lose their turn, contact me to avoid any drama].
doesnt say u have to play ur game before the challenge turn ends Razz
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:17 pm

Meh I really should start paying attention to the rules.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:24 pm

Cinc wins fails. ;p
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Hey Thrawn, you and Bull played the last round vs wdc at 2v4 ? Very Happy
Nice if yes Razz
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:03 pm

Cinc wrote:Meh I really should start paying attention to the rules.
especially if u are gonna whine about it xD
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:25 pm

Frosty wrote:Hey Thrawn, you and Bull played the last round vs wdc at 2v4 ? Very Happy
Nice if yes Razz

It was 3v4 from the start, WDC got a lead of 1 score. Fiby lagged out and didn't come back, so we asked WDC for 2 additional minutes [optimism ftw Laughing] and almost got sevened in 3 minutes. Razz
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Ye, ye, we scored once in 14 minutes, being 4 against 3 ennemies. But heh, now, France belongs to the frenchies and we're the third biggest strengh of this tourney ! Razz
Luna
Luna
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Wtf is a clan ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Drakoola Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am

Uh yeah wdc rox Razz
Drakoola
Drakoola
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:00 am

Tournament was freezed till further notice. I would like all active team captains suggest a date when they can start playing it again. Thx for Your cooperation and understanding
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:55 am

Our activity is constant, so we are okay with reopening anytime.
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:29 am

we are not very active so i'm thinking about monday-tuesday to re-open
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 am

As soon as possible
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Ye, next week would be cool imo
Luna
Luna
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Wtf is a clan ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Luna wrote:Ye, next week would be cool imo
when exactly next week be more precise - ty Wink
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by memento Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:30 pm

Ofc whites are still active, we dont see any reason to stop. We keep attacking every day and we consider ourselves winners.
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by cnik Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 am

memento wrote:Ofc whites are still active, we dont see any reason to stop. We keep attacking every day and we consider ourselves winners.
bounce cheers pig

cnik
First CAT Winner; Babo-Wan Kenobi

Clan : old whiny grumpy balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

memento wrote:Ofc whites are still active, we dont see any reason to stop. We keep attacking every day and we consider ourselves winners.
I assume that Your team will find Tuesday next week suitable date to reopen.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:35 am

SUMMARY:

Blues - anytime

Reds - 14-15.02

orange- anytime

purple-next week

white- anytime anywhere Wink

Tournament will be reopen on Tuesday 15 at 20.00 GMT +1
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next