European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The game is now Open Source

+12
Geronimo
cnik
Reptillia
Saddam
cmnndr
Mnk
Killer
Devil
RuBeLL
Adm
Cinc
Daivuk
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The game is now Open Source - Page 2 Empty Re: The game is now Open Source

Post by Devil Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Alright, gj. Hope your inspiration doesn't go dry anytime soon xD

So, the babo is immune, thus it takes no damage, but it can still deal damage, right? I'm guessing if the time is around 1 sec it would work, but if it's more than that wouldn't it affect the game in a bad way, since a spawned player takes no damage but can deal damage? Then again, I guess that's what testing will be for
Devil
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:31 pm

Devil wrote:Alright, gj. Hope your inspiration doesn't go dry anytime soon xD

So, the babo is immune, thus it takes no damage, but it can still deal damage, right? I'm guessing if the time is around 1 sec it would work, but if it's more than that wouldn't it affect the game in a bad way, since a spawned player takes no damage but can deal damage? Then again, I guess that's what testing will be for

I need to still figure out how to set the outgoing damage to 0, and perhaps disable nading and flaming during the spawn time.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnk Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:35 am

Daivuk: should be able to post links now. Thank you for opening up the game.
Mnk
Mnk
Hello! I am a Hipster.

Clan : tCC

http://insomnia.forumup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am

It has come to my attention that no weapon has diagonal recoil. It will be fixed soon.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 am

Cinc wrote:It has come to my attention that no weapon has diagonal recoil. It will be fixed soon.

idk if "fixed" is the correct term here. Rolling Eyes
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 am

Cinc wrote:I'll add some shield-like animation
Nice idea I was thinking about an halo things like green color or something else that we cannot confuse with a shield.

Devil wrote:

I'm agree the time should be set between 1 and 2 sec.Enough to have the time to avoid the nade and not too much for dealing damage when immunite.
I guess it's hard to manage to deal damage in the first 2 seconds after the spawn.
Cinc wrote: disable nading and flaming during the spawn time.
A test with and without should be done.
Killer
Killer
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : .wS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saddam Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:22 am

1 or 2 sec cmon... sometimes spawns are rly weird.. 0.5 sec maximum

Saddam
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Reptillia Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:41 am

If you can do damage when you are immune,then it is suk, for one sec if you find in the line of fire on some weapon you can lose +/- half hp maybe for 2 sec you can be killed in some situation. So no deal damage and not recive damage for 1 sec max when you immune. just sugestion.
Reptillia
Reptillia
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Joker Element

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:30 am

1. You won't be able to deal damage while immune.

2. I need to make so that flames don't stick to you when you spawn.

1 or 2 sec cmon... sometimes spawns are rly weird.. 0.5 sec maximum

Take a watch and measure how much time 0.5 sec is. The very time for a babo to accelerate and move from spawn is greater than 1 second.

Me, choco and crapper were testing it and 2 seconds looked like the best solution. It leaves enough time to move away from spawn (in case of 2-3 nades in a row), and doesn't give enough time for something like entering the base while immune (unless you spawned in the base, duh)
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reptillia Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 am

Yeeee immune in enemy base how that sound evil... whipped buahahahaha!!! baseball bat
Reptillia
Reptillia
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Joker Element

Back to top Go down

Post by cnik Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Cinc wrote:Me, choco and crapper were testing it and 2 seconds looked like the best solution. It leaves enough time to move away from spawn (in case of 2-3 nades in a row), and doesn't give enough time for something like entering the base while immune (unless you spawned in the base, duh)
There's easy solution to some problems: enabling immunity only within some small distance around spawn point (or even only if u don't move at all).

cnik
First CAT Winner; Babo-Wan Kenobi

Clan : old whiny grumpy balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Good to know there's progress. I'll be able to help with the testing if needed from now on. You know where to find me Wink

cnik's suggestion of immunity only being on if you don't move isn't half bad. Though I guess people could still nade the spawns just to keep you from moving, which is still a problem xD

How would making only certain zones immune work like? Would such a feature always be on or only when a babo spawns?
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Let's not complicate things more than they need to be. I thought about being immune in a certain area when you spawn but that basically amounts to being immune for 2-3 seconds, except that it's harder to actually make.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daivuk Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Cinc wrote:Let's not complicate things more than they need to be. I thought about being immune in a certain area when you spawn but that basically amounts to being immune for 2-3 seconds, except that it's harder to actually make.
This... keep it simple. Is nade spawning really a problem? Maps are big... I personally never experienced it (I never played as much as you guys too..). I would say 2~3 seconds immune. After 2~3 seconds you are already able to shoot and throw nades yourself, and possibly already killed someone. So it shouldn't be a long immune to keep it fair.

Daivuk
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 pm

2 secs is good enough. yes, you have to be able to move since to stop ppl from nading spawns you need to eliminate any advantage you have in doing this. if you are restricted to specific area or worse, you can not move at all will still result in people nading around spawns and gaining advantage based on skill of counting.

asking 0.5s because of spawns being only sometimes weird and thus making spawn nading still in some way possible is just a nice way to disguise lobbying for nade spawning. nice try but no can do.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 pm

When you click for spawn you can't move the 0.5 sec after the click
You have 1.5 sec to move away, seems fair for me.
You can't shoot the 1st second so in the last 0.5 sec they could be a little possibility in some case that you could hit someone when immune.
Killer
Killer
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : .wS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daivuk Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

That seams fair.

When you guys need me to upload new version for the updater (So everybody can have it), let me know. I am the only one with access to this.

Just make sure to test your things properly together before. I've disabled lot of Clan stuff in the Menus, cnik told me they were 'work in progress' anyway.

Daivuk
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:53 pm

Focus on bugs too Surprised or you're just taking it one problem at a time? I might enumerate nades going in walls, invisible flames and funny recoil on target when sniped.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blubi Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:30 pm

Cinc wrote:2. I need to make so that flames don't stick to you when you spawn.

cnik wrote:There's easy solution to some problems: enabling immunity only within some small distance around spawn point (or even only if u don't move at all).

What about the situation when the flame is on the flag, someone spawns in the base (not on the flag) and can easily take the flag without getting flamed? Or when the flame is blocking some way out (for purpose) and the immune shield is used to pass it through? 2 seconds is enough to do both. It doesn't seem right to me. Especially during 3v3 games which are played on small maps and spawns would allow to do that. Each detail could have a decisive effect on the final result.

Don't refer only to nadespawns.

Blubi
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:10 pm

It could be simply made that the time you're immune to flame is less than the one you're immune to nades. It's just an additional variable. It could also be made that the flame doesn't stick to you when you spawn only if it's on the tile where you spawn. I'll test between those two and see which one is easier to make.

P.S. Nice try, though I'm afraid you'll have to say goodbye to nadespawn instead of trying to find ways to keep it in the game ;)
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blubi Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:51 pm

Sounds good. I just want to make sure that some changes aimed in fixing smth wouldn't spoil others. If it's so easy to do, that's cool and I can't wait to see it.

PS. Actually I'm the last person who cares about nading spawns, because I do not do that (for purpose) and avoiding nades isn't such a difficult ability for me to do during cm. As for me it's just funny bonus for experienced players. Miss.
PS2. And I don't feel ashamed of what I'm thinking to use smaller font Wink

Gl

Blubi
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:57 pm

Tbh I am a bit concerned as to how all this modifying babo is gonna work.
Let's take nadespawn for example, it is one of the less controversial things to remove but still, it seems like its just up to cinc who clearly doesnt like it to remove it and then thats how its gonna be. This will ofc also be easily done about anything a developer wants to get rid of, and no one can do anything about it.
Can those who host the servers choose which changes they wanna use?
Also I had hoped when someone came with a legit concern, as blubis was, I personally agreed with everything in his post, it would be handled a bit more respectable, instead of adding a childish ps comment. As those who change babo imo should be mature about it, and listen to suggestions even if its from people they dont like Smile
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:15 pm

Anette wrote:Tbh I am a bit concerned as to how all this modifying babo is gonna work.
Let's take nadespawn for example, it is one of the less controversial things to remove but still, it seems like its just up to cinc who clearly doesnt like it to remove it and then thats how its gonna be. This will ofc also be easily done about anything a developer wants to get rid of, and no one can do anything about it.
Can those who host the servers choose which changes they wanna use?
Also I had hoped when someone came with a legit concern, as blubis was, I personally agreed with everything in his post, it would be handled a bit more respectable, instead of adding a childish ps comment. As those who change babo imo should be mature about it, and listen to suggestions even if its from people they dont like Smile

I can make as many changes as I want, but Daivuk is the one deciding which ones go into the "official" release. And the people in charge of servers will probably update them to that release.

There's nothing immature about my comment. I think it's fairly obvious that there are people in this community that don't want nadespawn to be gone. I just assumed (perhaps wrongly) that Blubi is one of them.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:21 pm

Cinc wrote:I can make as many changes as I want, but Daivuk is the one deciding which ones go into the "official" release. And the people in charge of servers will probably update them to that release.
That sounds good, thanks for the answer.
I won't go into the rest as I see it is pointless Smile
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vrikkidel Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:33 pm

Any updates?
Vrikkidel
Vrikkidel