European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zooka, once and for all

+19
FireBall
Raptile
Devil
VelveT.
fiby
GrenD
Anette
Riku
Geronimo
cmnndr
Reptillia
RealJoker
Adm
Gloom
stelistu
h8me
keta
Negative
Cinc
23 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Disable remote zooka detonation on rs servers?

Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 23 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_lcap30%Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_lcap13%Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_lcap7%Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 46

Zooka, once and for all - Page 4 Empty Re: Zooka, once and for all

Post by Unreal Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:16 pm

how are votes tallied up when u have options like fudge cinc and i dont care, wouldn't a simple yes or no give a clear answer? annnnnnyway... zooka settings now? gets used how many times in cms?

getting embarressing the amount of settings being changed and by votes from people who hardly use weapons in question. e.g you could vote for sniper settings and 90 percent of smg people here vote yes but actual snipers like admi nath etc vote no.

ah nevermind Rolling Eyes
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardu Sun May 01, 2011 7:47 am

So far I've never been bothered to make any posts on the forum, but since I feel that this directly concerns me, and because I dont have the feeling anyone is posting from a zooka's view point, I thought I should just express my views.

First of all, it was Gero and not Siggi that convinced me after a very long time of playing without remote to start playing with, just like he's still trying to convince me sometimes to play a different weapon, because he finds zooka a waste of 'talent'. Furthermore, I'd like to add that when I was in a clan with Varlan, he often did try to convince me to take a different weapon, but not because zooka was OP, or unsportive, but because he thought it was a crappy weapon to play with in a cm. Strange then that he now votes to change it from hardly a viable weapon in a cm, to an absolutely and utterly unviable weapon in a cm.

To me this whole topic is just another expression of what I call majority dictatorship. If 99 people play without zooka and 1 guy with, there will probably be a majority who will vote to nerf it.

But be honest, most of you just find zooka incredibly annoying, because you don't like rockets coming out of nowhere killing you, while you are doing your business like a 'pro' around the field. When it comes down to it however, most of you mow down 99% of the zooka players with ease. If zooka was such an OP-weapon, wouldn't you really see a lot more players using them in cm's??? How many more 'all smg cm's' do we really need???

To adress the issue more directly, let's take a look at its 'overpoweredness'. As said each weapon has its own strengths and weaknesses, and yes with remote you can 'shoot around a corner'. Many smg's here have complained about how 'you can't take cover from a zooka'. Duh. That's because you SHOULDN'T take cover from a zooka. You got your tactics all wrong. A zooka should take cover from you!!! The main weakness of zooka lies in the open field! As has been said by Gero, if confronted by a zooka, aggressiveness will do the job.

Tbh, I absolutely don't stand a chance against the best smg's. The best smg's kill me, despite all my dodging, before I have even time to get a second shot in, that would allow me to kill them. That is, provided 1 of my shots will be a 100% hit, which is not always easy against a dodging opponent with a non-instant weapon.

In my opinion remote was put in to make a zooka a somewhat more complete weapon. Without it a zooka is absolutely defenseless in a somewhat more open space. With remote a zooka, although still weak, has a fighting chance. Maybe some of you should just play with a zooka against some of the best smg's and see how easy it is to win on a regular! basis.

That being said in a 'rock, paper, scissors' comparison, where a zooka is the paper, a smg isn't even supposed to be the scissors. A sniper is. If you're really that concerned about a zooka in cm's, get a decent sniper and most of you're problems will be solved. He will makes sure a zooka can't come out (peeking outside his defensive base) and take pot shots and snipers will just crush most zooka's because they have instant shots that they can keep firing at a zooka from a long range without the zooka even able to see the sniper. If he does see him, its slow moving rockets are still at a serious disadvantage against the instant shots of a sniper. Especially over longer distances.

Just my 2 cents...

Ardu
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by The tempete Sun May 01, 2011 8:51 am

I think not. It is a weapon and will stay a weapon even if the proclient favors them.
The tempete
The tempete
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Clan : 'F/

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Wed May 04, 2011 3:19 pm

kinda sad that on public servers this is available but the better players who have pw to private servers do not need to deal with it What a Face
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4