European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zooka, once and for all

+19
FireBall
Raptile
Devil
VelveT.
fiby
GrenD
Anette
Riku
Geronimo
cmnndr
Reptillia
RealJoker
Adm
Gloom
stelistu
h8me
keta
Negative
Cinc
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Disable remote zooka detonation on rs servers?

Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 23 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 14 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 46

Zooka, once and for all - Page 2 Empty Re: Zooka, once and for all

Post by stelistu Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:29 am

+1 Gero , IMO since u learn to dodge for example a snipe or a cg when u fight vs them , just do the same with zooka. i don't see half of the babo community playing zooka to complain about it..just cause some ppl have "retarded moments" and instead of rq they use zooka in a cm doesn't mean we should disable remote...and like gero says , why doesn't everybody complain about it? i don't see admi or gloom or etc complaining about it...i always see u though...just get used to play vs it (like u play vs it in cm's daily..)...
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:11 am

Geronimo wrote:well how is this problem of zook as weapon?? this is problem of players and their behaviour not weapon...

Ok. So then, let's leave zooka alone and ban those players for a while. While we're at banning for not having fair play, let's also ban people who nade spawns! Which admin except me wanna do it? None? oww to bad, I guess changing zooka is the only available option.

h8me wrote:If the enemy has already won, why not use the remainder of the time for practice.

This is just a lame response

h8me wrote:Srsly though, I think you're not being objective about this. What I'm reading in the above answer is that it only hurts you but I've seen cms where people played zooka. Noone complained about it.

I stopped a cm just to ask clay not to use zooka, because I'm the only one that has guts to do it. People usually complain after. On teamchat.

h8me wrote:As for you Varlan, you were in a clan with Ardu but didn't mind him playing zooka afaik. Does this mean that it's OK as long as it doesn't hurt you?

Ardu was talked into remote by siggi and i clearly remember varlan was against it. But even without the remote he was a bigger pain in the ass than someone like Luna with remote. Enough said.

h8me wrote:Also, the poll is for turning off remote on RS servers, what about pub players becoming good enough to play on RS, joining and finding that some weapons are disabled? I'd feel cheated if I was a zooker joining a Squad server and finding my weapon nerfed so much and that no admin would enable remote detonation just because some players don't like to play against it.

Then why have different settings for ft or sg on pubs and real squads?

h8me wrote:How would it feel to join a server where snipe had been removed? I know you play SMG mostly but you've picked up a snipe from time to time, just like other players have picked up a zooka. Right off the bat many would say they didn't care but if you've come to rely on a sniper on your team, it would be lame not to have the assurance of a tagger on your side. I know zooka isn't a snipe but it can be used in the same way, "tagging" and dealing damage, either with remote, a wall hit or by hitting your teammate as he passes the place where the enemy is hiding, to make it easier for your teammate to kill an opponent.
Anyway, that's how I see it. Don't like zooka? Time their shots and use photon against them or pick up a snipe to take them out from afar. IMO the remote has put an effective brake on walling matches in the game.

The only thing remote has put an effective brake on is people's calmness and will to play a cm. Use a photon? Use a sniper? Sure, give me rep's and admi's skills and we're cool. Don't you get it? Any player who picks zooka 1 or 2 times can be annoying with it. After 2 years of babo, I still can't hit 25 damage with sniper in a cm. I've never tried photon, but I imagine the result would be the same.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:21 am

Cinc wrote:
Geronimo wrote:well how is this problem of zook as weapon?? this is problem of players and their behaviour not weapon...

Ok. So then, let's leave zooka alone and ban those players for a while. While we're at banning for not having fair play, let's also ban people who nade spawns! Which admin except me wanna do it? None? oww to bad, I guess changing zooka is the only available option.
how is picking zooka not "fair play"?
I don't get what all the fuss is about. So a team wins and a person uses zooka to have some fun with that, what's the big deal? This really seems more like you are bothered people beat you in a cm and maybe decided to take it less serious, than it is an actual problem. We had cms in ins, where people often kinda gave up, and took zooka as a last resort, and that is their choice. You cannot run around and decide what people pick in a cm. Tbh if we remove remote and people still pick zooka in a cm, you would still complain. Since it's not the weapon itself you are against but the fact people aren't serious about a cm against jokers.
You do always have the option to just say you don't wanna play against whoever picks zooka sometimes, instead of making a chance that isn't needed.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:34 am

The only part I really object to is the damn screen shaking. It just seems like a part thats only there to sort of ruin everyone elses fun, because its just annoying

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

https://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:39 am

Cinc wrote:
h8me wrote:If the enemy has already won, why not use the remainder of the time for practice.

This is just a lame response
It was meant as a joke. Hence the "Srsly" in the next sentence.

Now that you mention different settings, try to look in the other votes. I've voted no to changes all the way through

As for Ardu being talked into remote and all that. Why do you feel the need to answer on varlans behalf? You think he needs you to back him up?
Enough said... put a sock in it. If you think that puts an end to it you're sorely mistaken. I'm not trying to turn this into a war but all this changing of weapons is lame. Yes, the sg change, the 0.18 on snipe (which is 0.2 by default) and the dmg changes. I'm against all of them.

Just because the changes happen on RS doesn't mean that the rest of us don't care. If clan players feel the need to control these discussions a bit more and have a greater say in what goes and doesn't go for the CM aspect of babo, I suggest creating a "hidden" part for these discussions that only clan players can see. That way you don't get the input from ppl that go to rs to play schoolys or to train. It's off topic, I know but it's still something I think shoud be considered. If it happens, I'll change the settings on rs2 to the ones that are agreed upon.
h8me
h8me
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:44 am

Cinc wrote:Ok. So then, let's leave zooka alone and ban those players for a while. While we're at banning for not having fair play, let's also ban people who nade spawns! Which admin except me wanna do it? None? oww to bad, I guess changing zooka is the only available option.

you have also one other available option that you were offered numerous times since all this talk started yet you choose to ignore it.

you also use word "annoying" and with whole of your campain you try to make ppl bealive that "annoying" = overpowered and it is clear manipulation.

it is your and only your problem that you feel "annoyed" when you play against zook. and like others said, you will feel annoyed the same way once remote is gone and still die from random zook. and i bet my life you will think in that moment zook should be disabled totaly, if you havent already thought of that. tho you are smart enought not to pursade whole community into that since it would never pass.

all in all, democracy is democracy and result will only show the mantality of most players in our community, unfortunately. but i can promise you that when ever i play against you that i will use zook until you stop feeling annoyed. call it an act of friendship. ;-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:06 am

h8me wrote:Yes, the sg change, the 0.18 on snipe (which is 0.2 by default) and the dmg changes. I'm against all of them.

Yet the remote zooka is a change that happened 1.5 years ago.

Geronimo wrote:you also use word "annoying" and with whole of your campain you try to make ppl bealive that "annoying" = overpowered and it is clear manipulation.

No, i'm saying it's annoying because it's overpowered.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:12 am

Cinc wrote:Yet the remote zooka is a change that happened 1.5 years ago.
And for year and a half you did not put up with this.

Cinc wrote:No, i'm saying it's annoying because it's overpowered.
Have you tried to pick up zooka and make your team constantly win because of it? Twisted Evil
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : *w.o.w*

http://baboviolent2.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:22 am

ketamine wrote:Have you tried to pick up zooka and make your team constantly win because of it? Twisted Evil

Once. Against luna. We won that round, and luna used sg in the next. Enough said.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:06 am

Cinc wrote:Once. Against luna. We won that round, and luna used sg in the next. Enough said.
So that's the tactics! If someone annoying you with zooka, take zooka and teach them a lesson! No need to be a douchebag!
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:11 am

ketamine wrote:
Cinc wrote:Once. Against luna. We won that round, and luna used sg in the next. Enough said.
So that's the tactics! If someone annoying you with zooka, take zooka and teach them a lesson! No need to be a douchebag!

I felt like a douchebag back then.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:44 am

accomplish this more than once against better clans. enough said. ;-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:55 am

Cinc wrote:
h8me wrote:Yes, the sg change, the 0.18 on snipe (which is 0.2 by default) and the dmg changes. I'm against all of them.

Yet the remote zooka is a change that happened 1.5 years ago.

Comeon man. Bringing up changes made to the game.. it's variables you're trying to change, not the version. Sniper was changed, so was SG and CG. Secondaries were introduced and so was Photon somewhere along the line. Don't make it about changes made to the game by the developers. For that you'd need to make a different topic.

Anyway, this is about disabling remote on RS. My answer is still a resounding no.
h8me
h8me

Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:55 am

Geronimo wrote:

accomplish this more than once against better clans. enough said. ;-)

I have some principles and one of those is not to play with op weapons.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Cinc wrote:I have some principles and one of those is not to play with op weapons.

:-) now that is, for the lack of better word, bullshit. :-) not that i dont believe that you have principles, i am sure you do, but this is not about playing with op weapons, this is about proving things. and we both know that you could not prove this since against better teams no zook stands a chance. that is, till this point, undisputed fact and if you are so convinced its not true then prove it. i will be the first one to, how we say in croatia, spill ashes on my self... ;-)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Back to top Go down

Post by fiby Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:10 pm

i want say something as well. I agree to Cinc in nearly every point. that zooka remote is shit!!!
One point is that the screen is shaking and its annoying, ofc it is but for me one more annoying thing is that remote. detonate behind walls. wtf. No change to dogde or not to get damaged. you get hit in every position you are. think about smg, dmg, snipe or or all other weapons. they shoot and you dodge! Zooka shoot and you dodge = fail!! you get a damage as well even the zooka wouldnt have hit you if you had dogded... That was about remote conrtol.
for me zooka is op either. you get hit and .. you are near death. It just destroy the gameplay. the friendship between players and even destroy the fun. I destroy the fun as well when someone in your team is playing it. For me its a clear NO for that zooka!!! Everything was fine years ago, when we didnt had that typ of zooka. Noone complained on it!!! who the hell invented it? xD
Well, for everyone who disagree. Write what you want. You wont change our mind, even mine.

The majority is against the typ of zooka, so why this "fight" when the majority is against this zooka?

My first and last post about that... say what you want about it, its useless! Razz

fiby
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:27 pm

i guess that those who voted fudge cinc are for no (i am for one) , 16-12 is majority? cyclops
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by fiby Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:58 pm

well, its my 2nd post. I dont count "fudge you" because for me seems not serious... and i think, if i would have had voted "fudge you", it hadnt meant seriously, so that why i didnt count it. Very Happy

fiby
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:22 pm

Voting "fudge you Cinc" is more like "I don't care" than no, but that "I don't care because most admins will keep the remote zooka whatever the outcome of this poll is". If this poll goes the current way after 4 more days, remote zooka will be disabled on Germany Sand, and I advise all people who voted for "Yes" to play there.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:42 pm

how can u say "fudge you" is a "I dont care" when adm for example said his counts a no?
for me "fudge you" counts as a no, but its up to the people who voted for it to decide. Otherwise having it as an option its just a lame way to trick people Razz
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:44 pm

Please count my 'fudge you' as serious-as-hell 'NO'.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:59 pm

my fudge should be counted as Factorial NO
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Anette wrote:how can u say "fudge you" is a "I dont care" when adm for example said his counts a no?
for me "fudge you" counts as a no, but its up to the people who voted for it to decide. Otherwise having it as an option its just a lame way to trick people Razz

I said to some ppl that fudge you was there for admi and nega, and like i said, if ppl really wanted to say no, they'd vote no, so now they are waiting for you An to save the zooka like last time Wink
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Last time I was forced into making polls about different zooka changes, and they all came back to we should keep it as it was Razz
I ain't gonna do anything this time, so whoever u are talking about have to wait for someone else to save zooka. I just voted no to changing it and I stand by that. Wink
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Did any1 notice that each admin, who defend zooka, is in a clan that use zooka in cms and winning... Conspiracy : |
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next