European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

+20
Malin
Luna
Baboow
GrenD
Frosty
bynk
Neo
Devil
Geronimo
Adm
Claymore
Zakh
Sasha
raven
cmnndr
stelistu
Zeckett
Gloom
RuBeLL
Cinc
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 2 Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Adm Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:02 am

anotha kewl idea by Gloom, Im in
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 2 Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Geronimo Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:11 am

count me in also, great idea!

just work out the rules, lots of questions about a bunch of situations rise up so do your best to cover them all.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:27 am

Switzerland is permamently neutral country so no point including it for babo warfare Cool .
Well questions about the rules will rise up anyways, we will just have to solve them quickly, if you want to lend a helping hand Gero feel free to join Wink.

ps. Cinc we have to exchange ideas on msn, but I'll be offline till Monday prolly..
Gloom
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 am

Gloom wrote:Switzerland is permamently neutral country so no point including it for babo warfare Cool .
Well questions about the rules will rise up anyways, we will just have to solve them quickly, if you want to lend a helping hand Gero feel free to join Wink.

ps. Cinc we have to exchange ideas on msn, but I'll be offline till Monday prolly..

Same here, should start learning for my exam on monday xD, I'll get to you after that
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:36 am

Gloom wrote:In case of this tournament You don't have to get team from the same country so its not rly that similar. Only random 5 ppl are needed most preferably not from same clan.

I know it isn't similar, I just wanted it to happen Razz
raven
raven

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:43 pm

Claymore wrote:
varlan wrote:Hah, Cinc you merged Romania and Moldova in your lil' map. You noob! And Gloom doesn't recognise Island and Switzerland and a bunch of balkanic countries. Surprised

Argh... Sad

Blame Wikipedia
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:29 pm

Ha! Good to see this idea got wings and it's in development ^^

I like Var's idea of creating a babo map instead of using the world map. We could shape it so that no team has advantage over the other (think that some team will be in a corner and can only be attacked from 1 or 2 places, while others can be attacked from more).

Having that said, world map is also challenging, so ofc sign me up for this.
If any help needed, contact me.

PS: We should make some prizes for the winning team - the kings of the world. I don't know, some edited images and maybe a forum rank/status would be cool.
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:41 pm

Guys I was bored so I decided to think about this and I came up with some ideas. Or maybe some primary ideas of what this could be. I'm gonna try show you some examples Smile

So here is an example of what a babo territory could be Arrow

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 2 Baboterritory

This is simple as you can see, and what I thought was like to have some main capitals for each team, and the surrounding territories with similiar colours would be their kingdom Razz

Now, as an example of how the game should go is that when Team 1 conquers Team 2 capital, Team 2 would be out of the game and Team 1 should take their territories.

So that would make the capitals fight very very important, so it could be a very special match with specified rules that can be thought later. The other territories conquering would be a simple match, depending on the map of the territory played. So squares and little triangles (in the middle) could be 3v3 maps. The big triangles 4v4 maps. And the capitals 5v5 maps, for the whole team to play, to defend their land.

Now to make it work I thought of something like:

Imagine that Team 1 will attack the right blue square that is next to them. They could post that somewhere, something like this: "We want to fight for the territory number 5 with Team 2" (for example). And then Team 2 should answer to it within 2 or 3 days and they should have their battle. If Team 2 didn't answer, the territory would be lost to Team 1. Or if they agree on a date, and some team doesn't show up, the team that was there wins. If both teams don't show up, nothing happens and everything is back to normal.

So, this was just an idea, hope you like. Give me some feedback.

I'm avaliable to help in the development of this tourney Very Happy

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:54 pm

My idea was to make it playable in map of Europe to provide factor of luck and tactics and I'll stand by that idea. Ofc there are corners that are easier to protect in Europe thats the whole point of it, if tournament will be as dynamic as I would like to. Then there will simply be another season with new randomized countries. In my opinion its cooler to capture real countries with other countries, no emotions or joy capturing some virtual triangles ^ (altho thx for the contribution Zeckett) If You wanna help, throw some ideas of how to resolve fighting with neutral countries.

ps. Obligatory 4v4 fights should remain on countries suggested in Cincs map.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Yeah, Europe map is a lot better than this! Razz This was more to explain my capitals idea.

In Europe map it can be a lot interesting, but you don't want it to be like a euro cup right? so no countries here? Just 5 random people?

About the neutral countries. You can do it as I suggested before about attacking a teams territory.

Team 1: "We will attack neutral country Spain" if noone replies, Spain becomes a part of their land. If other team replies, "We want Spain too", so they fight for it baseball bat

But, for example, if someone begins in Portugal. And Spain and France are neutral, the only country with the possibity to take Spain is Portugal? So, maybe there shouldn't be two neutral countries between two teams. So Iberian peninsula could work as one. Just an example. It could be applied to other places. So that in this case they could dispute France with other team.

And if there is more than 2 teams interested in one territory? I can think of two possibilities:

- First team to declare interest (let's assume that it is team 1, 2, 3) plays with the second interested, then if team 1 wins, they play with the other team. If they loose they will go to the 3rd place. Meh I can't express myself. Let me see if I can be clear.

1st Team 1
2nd Team 2
3rd Team 3

Team 1 wins to Team 2.

1st Team 1
2nd Team 3
3rd Team 2

Team 1 wins to Team 3

Team 1 gets the territory.

1st Team 1
2nd Team 2
3rd Team 3

Team 1 wins to Team 2.

1st Team 1
2nd Team 3
3rd Team 2

Team 1 looses to Team 3

1st Team 3
2nd Team 2
3rd Team 1

Team 3 wins to Team 2

Team 3 gets the territory

etc etc etc so that until one Team wins the two matches in a row (or more if there are more teams disputing it). But the team in the 1st place always plays with the 2nd.

This is kinda of a loop, BUT it could generate real massive wars over a single territory.

- First to replie disputes it.

Not so good solution because people can't be so active on forum everytime, and I think it would be necessary to be online when the map is posted so that the tourney can begin to be the first posting their interests.

(I bet I wasn't clear enough Laughing )

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Lets get it on already! Basketball

Neo
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:44 pm

Your ideas are interesting, but with nowadays community simple rules/solutions = best solutions Very Happy . Maybe there will be "neutral team" as well and they can only defend their territories, they can't attack, so not that fun. This neutrall team should be much bigger then 5 ppl because they will be challenged everytime neutral country is attacked.

Signing in to neutral team will be free, we dont need ppl with top skills defending neutral territories, in the end we want some1 to capture those neutral countries right^?

About solving issue with many teams wanting to conquer certain territory I think that first to post on forums wins the priviledge to fight for it, and teams territory can't be attacked more then 1 times a day. (rules in proggress)

I'll post more detailed rules for example how many maps you will play each challenge, how many territories you need to posses to attack enemy players territory, and such, after Monday too busy right now..
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:20 am

ditch the neutral territory idea, you dont need that to make this interesting. all the territories are divided at start between all the teams that are playing. the division can be random lands (effect is that everybody will have lands all around europe so the start could be sort of chaotic until teams merge their territories) or just first territory of team is random and rest are the ones that are in close proximity around that first territory (more stable start)

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:53 am

Can I rule Valhalla? Razz Just saw Valhalla rising and I must admit that it has left me with divided feelings. Definetly worth watching, at least for the sensations you experience during runtime
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by bynk Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:12 am

Great, i want it i want it. I like risk rly...Smile
bynk
bynk
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : play

http://play.eamped.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:10 am

Don't fall asleep Mad

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:21 am

Not asleep, just that I had exams and Gloom was busy, getting on it a.s.a.p
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:38 am

Gloom is working on it, don't worry zacket tongue
of course so is cinc, but he works less Razz
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:54 am

Zeckett wrote:Don't fall asleep Mad
sry my gf left hospital recently, which postponed this whole idea.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:56 am

Gloom wrote:

Are we gonna have a Gloom Jr.? tongue
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

varlan wrote:
Gloom wrote:

Not in this case, but prolly sooner or later..
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 pm

varlan wrote:
Gloom wrote:

u only go to hospital if you're pregnant? Shocked
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 pm

OFC not but I didn't want to think of the worst Smile
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

Cinc wrote:
Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 2 Blankeuropemap

Attention! Could any1 make/edit for me that kind of Europe map in Gimp or some other application so I could then edit it with some basic program like paint.net to mark team proggress. What I need is that I could just fill in each country with different team colours and that only that country would be filled in with colour not everything else on the picture(thats what happened when I used simple paint to fill in countries). I think that each country should be treated like separate layer.

If some1 have better/easier idea how to illustrate team proggress do share.

When I will have this map done I want to officially start this forgotten tournament.

Regards.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:10 pm

That's odd. This is how it looks after I filled each country in paint.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 2 Blankeuropemapx

Hmmm. One layer per country might do. I'll try. I guess you're too lazy to do it. Very Happy

cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next