European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

+20
Malin
Luna
Baboow
GrenD
Frosty
bynk
Neo
Devil
Geronimo
Adm
Claymore
Zakh
Sasha
raven
cmnndr
stelistu
Zeckett
Gloom
RuBeLL
Cinc
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom Empty Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:04 pm

So, for all risk fans, or all babo fans, or both, here's a cool idea for a tourney.

We have 5 teams of 5 players, teams are random and can't contain 2 people from the same clan (unless 6 players from one clan want to play).

The game is based on a board game risk - each team has some territories and wins other territories by defeating the team who holds one. You lose if you have 0 territories left.

To make it a bit more interesting, each territory is one map, for example Croatia is CTF-Rawr, so when you attack Croatia you have to play on CTF-Rawr.

Each team can make one move in one day. One move means - you attack someone or you take a neutral country. You can only attack countries next to you.

So people, give your comments while I get done with the details and open the registration Smile
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by RuBeLL Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:44 pm

RuBeLL wrote:Wish this forum had a "like it" button Smile
RuBeLL
RuBeLL
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

http://cillerkrew.110mb.com/

Back to top Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Hey we will work on details and rules, so it might be changed that You can attack every 2 days instead of everyday its work in progress Smile.
Gloom
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Yes, it is an awesome idea! I like it.

But, it is allways hard to make smoething like this really happen, or to finish. Like the Euro Cup, wich I still think it's a great idea and it never happened. We had the Babo League that never came to an end, and we have this individual tourneys that are so hard for some people to play them in the supposed dates..

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:49 pm

Zeckett wrote:Yes, it is an awesome idea! I like it.

But, it is allways hard to make smoething like this really happen, or to finish. Like the Euro Cup, wich I still think it's a great idea and it never happened. We had the Babo League that never came to an end, and we have this individual tourneys that are so hard for some people to play them in the supposed dates..

Yep but count that most maps are 3v3, and teams will have 5 members. Also, since there will be registrations, you can assume that people who participate are active and watch this forum.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Ok, it is a great idea, so let's be positive Razz I want this to happen! What a Face

This can be really awesome. I'm already imagining things like having allies and blablabla xD BABO TOTAL WAR Very Happy

If needed, I'm here to help Wink

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:17 pm

very nice idea , "where do i sign up?" Razz Very Happy
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:02 pm

Not bad, but IMO Risk is a visual game, where you see and are in touch with your teritories. In babo you don't have one and I don't think it would be that fun to have an atlas as a babo add on. Razz
Interesting though. Smile
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:50 pm

varlan wrote:Not bad, but IMO Risk is a visual game, where you see and are in touch with your teritories. In babo you don't have one and I don't think it would be that fun to have an atlas as a babo add on. Razz
Interesting though. Smile

Hmmm perhaps I could launch it with it's own webpage and an atlas embedded, and there you could challenge enemies and report results. Will check how much of it is possible.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:16 pm

We might post european map as well, updated after each conquest but i can't find proper map so it can be easly edited...
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:24 pm

Gloom wrote:We might post european map as well, updated after each conquest but i can't find proper map so it can be easly edited...

No worries, here it is:

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom Blankeuropemap

I'll soon assign maps to countries at random.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:34 pm

But how will You edit colours in that map to easily show progress of each team? Not in paint I suppose : >
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:42 pm

Gloom wrote:But how will You edit colours in that map to easily show progress of each team? Not in paint I suppose : >

Hellno I'm using gimp Razz
Btw, I'll try to make some web-based script to assign flags to the territories
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:46 pm

If its possible blackout some of the countries to reduce their number to 25. For example like this ....

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom Euromap

Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:50 pm

Actually if you click on my pic, you can see that I made a list of playable territories, but yeah i should darken Russia, Middle East and Africa
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Gj then Wink
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Really like the idea, I hope it can work out Wink

and wish the same could happen with this tourney https://eurobabo.forumotion.com/ideas-for-tournaments-f29/eurocup-t167.htm Smile
raven
raven

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:43 pm

Vincent wrote:Really like the idea, I hope it can work out Wink

and wish the same could happen with this tourney https://eurobabo.forumotion.com/ideas-for-tournaments-f29/eurocup-t167.htm Smile

This tourney is kinda like EuroCup, but a Conquering EuroCup! king

EDIT: you should put Russia 10v10 too Razz

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:52 pm

In case of this tournament You don't have to get team from the same country so its not rly that similar. Only random 5 ppl are needed most preferably not from same clan.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 am

I liked the idea and proly gonna steal it for the Russian community under the codename

GeoBabo

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom E

ps. fx has nothing to do with the image. just an example
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:25 am

Maybe divide russia, not usa? xD
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakh Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:41 am

I like it !

Zakh
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:19 am

Hah, Cinc you merged Romania and Moldova in your lil' map. You noob! And Gloom doesn't recognise Island and Switzerland and a bunch of balkanic countries. Surprised

Btw, Cinc the ideea to embed it's own webpage and an atlas. That would make it much more fun. Very Happy
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:27 am

varlan wrote:Hah, Cinc you merged Romania and Moldova in your lil' map. You noob! And Gloom doesn't recognise Island and Switzerland and a bunch of balkanic countries. Surprised

Btw, Cinc the ideea to embed it's own webpage and an atlas. That would make it much more fun. Very Happy

Well I had to reduce the number of territories, so I put the romanian-speaking as one. Tried putting up a webpage for the tourney but unfortunately most free hosts don't offer much script support, so we're gonna have to do it the old "Excel table + paint pictures" way
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:47 am

varlan wrote:Hah, Cinc you merged Romania and Moldova in your lil' map. You noob! And Gloom doesn't recognise Island and Switzerland and a bunch of balkanic countries. Surprised

Argh... Sad

Claymore
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Old Ballz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next