European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map rotation

5 posters

Go down

Do you want podforum for selecting which map will be hosted on popular EU servers?

Map rotation Vote_lcap75%Map rotation Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 9 ]
Map rotation Vote_lcap17%Map rotation Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 2 ]
Map rotation Vote_lcap8%Map rotation Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 12

Map rotation Empty Map rotation

Post by Unreal Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:18 am

I have just decided to post here seen as most or all euro admins look here, anyway in my opinion all the the maps on the eu servers are over played now and we need abit of variety if any of you people ever go on the us servers you will no doubt see what i mean most of their maps ive never played before.

I suggest a REGULAR change of all the maps on the rotation say every month or so to give it that fresh feel again.

and pls have a good look at the map first pls eg spawn points and stuff these maps are simple and anoying was just playing on a map made by pepper us guys on a eu server where blue's where spawning right in front of my team when we were in the blue base some maps are good but just the spawn points suck completly.

VALID SUGGESTION someone please +1 we need a change with at least some rules or something all these admins doing nothing basically.

Last edited by Geronimo on Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding poll)
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Map rotation Empty Re: Map rotation

Post by Geronimo Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:45 pm

about what servers you talk exactly? if about skully servers then i can do smth if wilks server then i hope some of admins there will answer here...

how about this: we make a special part on this forum about maps. it will contain a list of maps currently active (meaning they are good for play) all grouped in 3on3, 4on4, 5on5 and Large groups. it could also contain propositions for adding new maps and removing existing ones with polls for each of them so that all who are on this forum (i hope most of eu players) can vote for or against.

i will edit your post unreal and add this poll about this idea, if ppl are interested we will do it (to finally give a meaningful purpose to this forum XD :-) )

so vote yes if you want smth like this to happen and no if you think idea is stupid.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:10 pm

Yes good enough idea mate maybe just have a variety of lists each with 8 or 9 maps whatever the maximum is and add polls for each selection eg option 1 option 2 and i think you or another admin should contact wilk also and the same admins be used for his servers too as he will admit he doesn't have time to update them i think sasha is an admin of his servers im not sure. Then we could have each server running on a differant rotation or maybe have a few of the popular maps on each so certain servers won't always be empty or full get me? We've all been playing this game for a while now and we should have certain things implemented as stardard to keep the game fun and entertaining agree?

How about map competitions also with the best map choosen out of a selection of a few say and added to the next new rotation. jocolor
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fëanor Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:00 am

I can add maps to wilks "clan community" and "tournament" servers, but I need some suggestions, so many maps to chose from... nominate some good ones and I will add them.
Fëanor
Fëanor
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : .Notorious ballZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by memento Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:12 am

what exactly is this about ? changing maps that are currently being played on public servers ? (these 3 or 4 annoying maps rotating again and again while there are another XXX maps on maplist ? alien )
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:23 am

exactly mem point is maps are overplayed check out maplists of wilk servers.
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by memento Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 am

somebody change dynetpomme's maps cat ... its a good server but maps there really suck

I'd suggest smaller maps, despite the fact these servers are 5vs5 max, even the "normal" 4vs4 maps ( Daivuk and so) seem to be quite large for it
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Blubi Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:21 am

I think that size of maps depends of max. number of players on serv. There should be various maps (ofc choosing with common sense), smaller, largest...

#Feanor.
Imo, in tournament servs should be good known maps and often play on cms. Other maps could be "tested" on pub to see if they're interesting.

Blubi
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down