European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2)

+5
h8me
xdeh
OldMaster
Adm
Cinc
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Voting time!

King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_lcap33%King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_lcap0%King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_lcap0%King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_lcap33%King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Empty King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2)

Post by Cinc Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 pm

It's become quite obvious that the Babo as we know it is dead. I was browsing the forum, looking at old screenshots, and I figured out it would be a nice idea to send this game off with a bang!

Rules are simple:
- A number of players gather (as much as can fit on one server)
- They play a series of 5 DMs on randomly chosen maps
- Top players receive points
- Person with the most points after the DMs is the King of DM

Points will be given using the Formula One point distribution system:
1st : 25 points
2nd : 18 points
3rd : 15 points
4th : 12 points
5th : 10 points
6th : 8 points
7th : 6 points
8th : 4 points
9th : 2 points
10th : 1 point

And to spice it up, 5th game is worth double the points!

This event is scheduled for Saturday, November 15th, at 20:00 CET on the pink RS server.

So, spread the word, let even the people who haven't played the game in ages know! I'll be waiting I just wet myself

Last edited by Cinc on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Empty Re: King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2)

Post by Adm Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:57 pm

here, have an upjackdaw
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2) Empty Re: King Of DM Tournament (A Farewell To BV2)

Post by Cinc Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:01 pm

Adm wrote:here, have an upjackdaw

Sry I don't speak Hungarian Razz
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:02 pm

BTW I don't care if nobody shows up. I'll be there by myself and I'll be crowned the king of DM with 150 points. So somebody better stop me!
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by OldMaster Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:04 pm

Good decision

OldMaster
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by xdeh Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 am

I will be there if I can.

xdeh
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:11 am

A notification: there will be no registrations or anything. Server holds 32 people, I don't expect it to be full, but who knows. So, all you need to do is have the RS pass and be there. You don't need to be there from the start, or be there until the end - we're just gonna have some fun with some great quality DMs.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:40 am

Tentative map list announced!!!

Map selection will vary based on the number of players, exact selection and order will be random, but here's what you can expect:

25-32 players:
CTF-Circle2
CTF-Monumental
CTF-HTTP
CTF-Kingdom
CTF-Buffet
RES-TwinTombs
CTF-Amelie
CTF-Dom

17-24 players:
CTF-Barracks
CTF-Illusions
CTF-Big
CTF-Diamond
CTF-FreiStunde
CTF-Germany

9-16 players:
CTF-ThisOne
CTF-Hatred
CTF-RainSeason
CTF-Plaza
CTF-Baboow
CTF-Bacteria
CTF-Daivuk
CTF-Crazy

1-8 players:
CTF-Rawr
CTF-Slant
DM-Brutus
CTF-Cornered
DM-Field
CTF-BadIdea
DM-HellOnEarth
CTF-Energy
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:45 am

Maybe you should check to see if the maps are on the server if you haven't done so already. Dunno what maps I have on my servers.
h8me
h8me
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:26 pm

h8me wrote:Maybe you should check to see if the maps are on the server if you haven't done so already. Dunno what maps I have on my servers.

Don't worry, I spent 2 hours today checking lots of maps on the pink rs by going through the maplist for the server Smile
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by RuBeLL Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:16 am

Cinc is the King already, no need to host a tournament for it Smile
RuBeLL
RuBeLL
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

http://cillerkrew.110mb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:42 am

RuBeLL wrote:Cinc is the King already, no need to host a tournament for it Smile

I'm pretty sure Nega is the king of DM, he should come and claim the title. There's lots of other people I'd like to see return for this.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:06 am

Cinc wrote:
h8me wrote:Maybe you should check to see if the maps are on the server if you haven't done so already. Dunno what maps I have on my servers.

Don't worry, I spent 2 hours today checking lots of maps on the pink rs by going through the maplist for the server Smile

Man, isn't that like 1000 maps or so? Don't recall anymore how many was in the mapfile I uploaded.
h8me
h8me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:23 pm

h8me wrote:
Cinc wrote:

Man, isn't that like 1000 maps or so? Don't recall anymore how many was in the mapfile I uploaded.

Well, I only needed to check the ones that aren't on ladder.baboviolent2.ru/?maps Smile
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:17 am

Phew, servers were gone yesterday and this morning but appeared again. Everything moving according to schedule!
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:29 pm

We already have a few players who confirmed they'd be there! Spread the word! If you have some babos as friends on facebook or skype or anywhere, ask them if they're interested!
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:52 pm

who are confirmed so far
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:24 pm

Adm wrote:who are confirmed so far

I wouldn't say 100% confirmed, but 90% confirmed:
- Negative
- Rush
- fearlezz
- a few BBB and >?< players

Ofc, I'm 100% confirmed Cool
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:53 am

Ok, so I'm trying to make a python script which will automatically read the console log and update the players, scores, and create a filtered chat log to be posted after the matches are over. But since the console log doesn't track damage, the tiebreaker for the people with the same number of kills is gonna be the k/d ratio, and not the damage unlike what I had for the KO tourney.

One more important thing for which I'd like more input from people:
- victory decision: my suggestion is time limit (15 minutes), but putting a kill cap might be a good idea too.
- allowed/disallowed weapons - I'd disallow photon and zooka: photon since it's highly effective against a big number of players + the maps are possibly gonna get crowded, and zooka because of the possible framerate drop caused by screen shaking. Removal of these two worked great for the K.O. tourney.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:16 am

If some weapons are disabled I'm not gonna play. All weapons are hot or it's not a real DM match.
h8me
h8me

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:49 am

Blackmail is not a valid argument Smile

My reasoning for disabling zooka and photon still stands: last time a match with a huge number of players was played (massive schooly), it turned into a photonfest after around 5 minutes. And since we're aiming for a big number of players here, people's framerate is already gonna be low, just 2 or 3 zookas would make it unplayable.

And despite the primary focus of this being just a DM, it's still a tournament, and I want people to enjoy playing.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:30 am

well. pink rs is too laggy for me, i think ill join though. sounds fun. im against weapon disabling, but having laggy players use photon is so unfair. then again, whats fair?

*edit*

I voted "Enable zooka&photon, time limit 10 minutes".
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:34 pm

Just for the record: votes for different categories are cumulative - if 15 minutes gets two votes in both enable and disable sections, it counts as 4 votes for 15 minutes.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:57 am

Today! In 5 hours! Get ready!
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:12 am

Also, the voting is over, so we have our set of rules: all weapons, 15 minutes.

And since my score script is having some bugs, we'll do it the old-fashioned way via screenshots. The k/d ratio is still gonna be used as a tiebreaker, followed by damage.

ALSO SPECIAL NOTIFICATION: if for some reason you get disconnected during a match, don't quit and return to the DM. I can look at the log files to see what your exact number of kills and deaths was, so that info is just gonna be added to the results!

EDIT: More important info! There will be a 1-minute pause between each DM which you can use to adjust your seat or go to the toilet or watch TV or whatever. You will be notified which map is gonna be played next, so you can test it if you want. Total time of the tournament is therefore 5*15 min + 4*1 min = 79 minutes.

Also, Crapper can you please remove the kill limit so the round doesn't end at 50 kills? Thanks in advance Smile
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next