European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Net crash

4 posters

Go down

Net crash Empty Net crash

Post by Zeckett Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:04 am

Hello! Very Happy I'm here to ask some help and I hope you guys can help me, even thought it may be not to an only Babo issue Razz

Sometimes when I'm playing Babo, or using the internet for something else, the net crashes and it only works if I reboot my pc. This happens on my desk computer only, because on my laptop nothing wrong happens with the net when it crashes on the desk pc. I don't know what can be wrong, I don't understand too much of computers Rolling Eyes this began to happen like 3 or 4 days ago, and it's just really hard to finish a Babo game, for example Mad

Hope you guys can help,

Thanks!

Zeckett
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Net crash Empty Re: Net crash

Post by Crapper Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:09 am

Take a look at the cable running from the router to the PC and make sure it's connected properly, maybe also some dust got into it (or just dust in general).
Also download the latest drivers for your LAN, run Windows update (if you use Win that is) uninstall your network card and reinstall drivers for it. Try using legacy drivers, that may also help.
If none of the above helps, report back.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:02 am

What do you mean by 'net freezing' ?
When it happens, are you still able to reach http://192.168.0.1 or http://10.0.0.1 addresses ?
Do you have any tray pop-ups such as "Local Area Connection Cable is unplugged" ?

How often does it happen, and could you identify any related causes, such as any software launching, windows updates, firewall alerts, anti-virus updates ?

Btw, don't forget to check the event logs.
Follow this way next time it freezes:
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

and check the last errors in all 3 logs (Application / Security / System)
to see the description of the errors occurred.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:51 pm

First off all I wanna thank you for trying to help! Very Happy

Crapper wrote:Take a look at the cable running from the router to the PC and make sure it's connected properly, maybe also some dust got into it (or just dust in general).
Also download the latest drivers for your LAN, run Windows update (if you use Win that is) uninstall your network card and reinstall drivers for it. Try using legacy drivers, that may also help.
If none of the above helps, report back.

- Crapper

The problem continues. The cable is perfect, and btw, it has only like 3 months old. It's a new internet connection and router for me. Tryed to update, but nothing Crying or Very sad

Sasha wrote:What do you mean by 'net freezing' ?
When it happens, are you still able to reach http://192.168.0.1 or http://10.0.0.1 addresses ?
Do you have any tray pop-ups such as "Local Area Connection Cable is unplugged" ?

How often does it happen, and could you identify any related causes, such as any software launching, windows updates, firewall alerts, anti-virus updates ?

Btw, don't forget to check the event logs.
Follow this way next time it freezes:
Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer

and check the last errors in all 3 logs (Application / Security / System)
to see the description of the errors occurred.

This is really wierd, nothing shows up, nothing on events logs and I still can access http://192.168.10.1 ...
When I try open a site, it starts loading, like its going to open, but its just taking some time, but then it says it can't open cuz i dont have a internet connection, but everything looks ok! Idea

I think this pc has been giving me too much trouble lately and i'm going to format it Laughing

If you have any thought for what might be, even if it looks stupid, i'll try it Razz

Thank you! Have a beer, cheers! Very Happy

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:47 am

Try updating the firmware for the router. I seem to remember that I had a similar problem at some point and it helped me. It's worth a shot.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:26 am

Crapper wrote:Try updating the firmware for the router. I seem to remember that I had a similar problem at some point and it helped me. It's worth a shot.

- Crapper

Well I tried, but check this out >.<'

Net crash Checklv

I just can't find the "Check" button Rolling Eyes I'm so noob at this silent

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:34 pm

If you look at the right side where some text is written, it says "Click here to check for..." in bold letters.
I would assume that to be the place to press.

- Crapper

EDIT: Pls tell me your Model No. for your router. Should be somewhere on the back of it

- C

Last edited by Crapper on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Some firmware upgrades reset the configuration options to factory options to factory defaults.Before performing an upgrade,be sure to save the current configuration form the Maintenance -> Save/Restore Settings screen.

To upgrade the firmware,your PC must have a wired connection to the router.Enter the name of the firmware upgrade file,and click on the Upload button.

fyi.
settorex
settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : clanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:35 pm

The problem seems to be solved, I have been playing a couple of days and it didn't happen again. My solution was simple, I restaured my pc to a previous date, and the problem seemed to be gone. Only reporting it now because I wanted to make it sure it had gone.

Thank you all guys Embarassed

Zeckett

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum