European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laggy pordesign servers

+3
cnikshutupforonceXD
Nova
cmnndr
7 posters

Go down

Laggy pordesign servers Empty Laggy pordesign servers

Post by cmnndr Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:08 am

Because recent days have been EXTREMELY LAGGY I did a connection test.Here are the results.

Laggy pordesign servers 582592900

And to Paris as well.(did one to paris cause I know that the pordesign servers are in paris. Razz )

Laggy pordesign servers 582594424

Ok,let me go trough this chronologically.I first noticed this problem yesterday.When I started babo,I couldn't find any servers from pordesign so I went a little deeper.To my surprise all of them were stacked down with a ??? ping next to them.I knew what this meant but I thought to give it a try so I tryed to join and well well what do you see,I was in and I had 66 ping.I didn't give much thought to it and I started playing.But after a while I noticed that I was lagging.At first I had spikes of 200+,but in time the spikes became longer and longer until they didn't look like spikes at all.More like a rectagle.A BIG FAT SAD RED RECTANGLE.Then I lagged out.And from then on,all day long I could only join for a couple of minutes then I'd lag out.
The title says pordesign because on other servers I have the same ping as I used to.On the russian ones,on the begginers one,on rnd.The problem is obviously with the pordesign servers.
Now - today I played a little.I didn't lag out anymore,but still on CTF1 I had 99-132 with little spikes every 1 minute or so.It's important to mention that I don't have a wireless connection and the fact that I had never had such a big ping on pordesign.Moreover on the begginers server I have a steady 33.
Also I had a break from babo for a couple of days before playing yesterday so the problem could be a little older than yesterday.
Regardless of this I tend to associate this with the changeing of the map rotation or the friends thingy.It may be far fetched or even crazy but it's the only thing I can relate to right now.

Thanks.

Oh.The past test made before this issue.Just for comparison.

Laggy pordesign servers 550736322

Laggy pordesign servers 550741064
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Laggy pordesign servers Empty Re: Laggy pordesign servers

Post by Nova Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:24 am

yer, same for me ...
but well .. it doesnt seem like it would get better so just try to handle it ..
Nova
Nova
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : inFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:08 pm

He just wants to show his ridiculously high download/upload speeds off... YES WE GET IT, YOU ARE A MAN now stop caressing your need to exhibit your "manliness" in all ways possible. Razz
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:20 pm

Snake wrote:He just wants to show his ridiculously high download/upload speeds off... YES WE GET IT, YOU ARE A MAN now stop caressing your need to exhibit your "manliness" in all ways possible. Razz

Question
Nova
Nova
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : inFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:32 pm

Laggy pordesign servers 582951077

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 pm

Laggy pordesign servers 582975901

NP's here
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:05 pm

Snake wrote:He just wants to show his ridiculously high download/upload speeds off... YES WE GET IT, YOU ARE A MAN now stop caressing your need to exhibit your "manliness" in all ways possible. Razz

Hahaha.Funny.But don't spam my thread man.I'm serious.Why is this happening?I want it fixed,like it used to be or better. Cool
I haven't played since my last post,maybe things have changed.
And about the connection,I honestly don't regard mine as one of the best and I thought that others' is better. Smile At least here there are better ones than mine. Very Happy
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:07 pm

Vapor wrote:yer, same for me ...
but well .. it doesnt seem like it would get better so just try to handle it ..

Pffft.So it's not only me...But really it can't be let this way...Someone must know more about this issue..
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:51 am

varlan wrote:Pffft.So it's not only me...But really it can't be let this way...Someone must know more about this issue..

I KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS!one!!!11eleven!1

Your net sucks! Well, maybe not your net, but somewhere on the route to Paris, something is slow. See, as you Probably already know, theres no direct line from ur house to wilks servers. SOOO your lil' tiny babo internet packages have to take loads of lefts and rights to get on the route of paris. If somewhere along that road a speedlimit of lets say 20kb/s, its really gonna make ur packages receive to late. Ofc this process is gonna aply vice versa, so babos lil' server packages get received to late too, making ur ping rocket.

So basically, you can blame the 3rd world country next to you for ur ping.

There isn't really any fix for it. However, i did hear about some gamers router which choose the fastest route to the server, by using specially assigned connections for gametraffic, making it even possible to get ~ 90 ms just about everywhere in the word. which is quite a feat.

So if u wanna fix it, be prepared to put some money into it xD

Alternative: Don't listen to me and pray to god it gets better.
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:03 am

Win+R - cmd - tracert pordesign.com
and then find the narrow place where the time is the greatest.
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:15 am

Pirate wrote:I KNOW WHAT THE ISSUE IS!one!!!11eleven!1

Your net sucks! Well, maybe not your net, but somewhere on the route to Paris, something is slow. See, as you Probably already know, theres no direct line from ur house to wilks servers. SOOO your lil' tiny babo internet packages have to take loads of lefts and rights to get on the route of paris. If somewhere along that road a speedlimit of lets say 20kb/s, its really gonna make ur packages receive to late. Ofc this process is gonna aply vice versa, so babos lil' server packages get received to late too, making ur ping rocket.

All hail Teh P!rate. cheers
Seriously now,I thought it might be something like this,but it isn't a very optimistic diagnosis. Sad A problem with the servers would have been easier to fix.At least from my point of view.

Pirate wrote:So basically, you can blame the 3rd world country next to you for ur ping.

There isn't such a thing.

Pirate wrote: i did hear about some gamers router which choose the fastest route to the server, by using specially assigned connections for gametraffic, making it even possible to get ~ 90 ms just about everywhere in the word. which is quite a feat.

That would be divine! affraid

Pirate wrote:Alternative: Don't listen to me and pray to god it gets better.

fudge that shit.Go tell it to the mountain! baseball bat
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:16 am

fuazi wrote:Win+R - cmd - tracert pordesign.com
and then find the narrow place where the time is the greatest.

Thx flyer. Wink

P.S. I can't use the innawebz for the time being,cause of housing matters.Be back in a couple of days.If the problem persists,I'm out of babo. Neutral
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:42 am

Have you just been upgraded to a faster line? If so, maybe the problem recides in that your cable (for the internet) is old or that you're too far away from the ISPs server. I know here in denmark that the cables can't carry the very high speeds (mostly a maximum of 10Mbit/s for ADSL2+) so sometimes when they (the ISPs) upgrade ppl, they get kicked from game-servers on WoW, AoC, CS and other online games.
If this is the case, ask your ISP to downgrade your line to the former speed, that may help on the spikes.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 am

I've been away for some time and hadn't had the chance to play until last night.And boy am I happy.Things are back to normal. Smile It appears to have been a passing thing.I hope.See you on field. Twisted Evil
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:10 am

Crapper wrote:Have you just been upgraded to a faster line? If so, maybe the problem recides in that your cable (for the internet) is old or that you're too far away from the ISPs server. I know here in denmark that the cables can't carry the very high speeds (mostly a maximum of 10Mbit/s for ADSL2+) so sometimes when they (the ISPs) upgrade ppl, they get kicked from game-servers on WoW, AoC, CS and other online games.
If this is the case, ask your ISP to downgrade your line to the former speed, that may help on the spikes.

- Crapper

The answer is no,Crapp. Smile
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down