European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Widescreen error

2 posters

Go down

Widescreen error Empty Widescreen error

Post by Baboow Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:13 pm

yo, i just got a widescreen laptop and i wanted to use widescreen options for graphics but i get the error "failed to switch in widescreen mode" . Why doesnt it work? i even tried with lowest resolution. Works fine with Standart screen though.

thx

Baboow
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Widescreen error Empty Re: Widescreen error

Post by Crapper Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:53 pm

Widescreen error Ws

Are you sure you've chosen the right settings?
Find out what resolution your screen runs in and if it's possible to change the settings to fit the screen size.
Also, delete bv2.cfg in "\blabla\main" folder and restart BV. After that (when you've found the resolution of your screen) edit the bv2.cfg file.
Widescreen error Res

that may be a way around it.

Also, if you're running Vista try this, right click your game shortcut, properties, compatability and put a check mark next to "Disable visual themes". Run in admin box as well as a precaution click on the "Change settings for all users" and do the same press ok, also run as an XP compatibility.

Try starting the PC in safe mode. If the game can run in full screen there, the driver may be what's causing the problem (GFX-drivers don't get loaded in safe-mode) - uninstall the GFX-driver and DL a new one.

Once, when it came to most laptops, they had a fixed resolution. This means if your laptop screen supports 1440 x 900, for example, and you set the resolution of Windows to 1024 x 768 what will happen is that Windows will only take up a portion of your screen and not the entire screen.
This is different from what we are accustom to with desktop monitors. Normally on a desktop monitor if you change the resolution of your Windows install to run at a lower resolution then Windows still takes up the entire screen.
The problem in this case could be that the full screen resolution for the video game is ???? x ???? so what the graphics card is doing is it is just rendering the middle ????x???? pixels when the game is in full screen mode. This leaves everything else on the screen and the video game thinks it is now in full screen mode and so does the operating system. Maybe you can set windows to a fixed resolution and the game will run in that same resolution... or maybe you need to enter the BIOS to change some settings (been a while since I've messed that much with a laptop.

Good luck with it.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:54 pm

And, maybe next time there's a technical issue, post your specs:
CPU:
GFX:
RAM:
Etc etc etc.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboow Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:53 am

thx crapper i made it work changing bv2.cfg like u said Smile the resolution ingame is 1280x800 but mine was 1366x768, well i changed it to 1366x768 in the file now all is ok, thx a lot mate Smile

Baboow

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:43 am

Lol, ofc it's the first suggestion that works...
Oh well, maybe others can use the post. Happy fraggin' then.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum