European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troubles in finding servers

+3
Pirate
Anette
Frosty
7 posters

Go down

Troubles in finding servers Empty Troubles in finding servers

Post by Frosty Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:49 am

Hi there,

I started university this year and I have an accomodation near the university's place, where I live for the week.
I received internet access yesterday (with wire, there's a plug in my room where I can plug an ethernet wire), which seems to work or I wouldn't be here to talk about it Very Happy
I tested my speed on a special website, and got a good result (rating 4.1 / 5).

I'm using the same laptop, with Vista, as I'm using on week-ends, when I'm at home (also ADSL connection, I don't have any problem with that one).

But here, in this room, my games can't find any server. These games are only 2 : Babo Violent 2 and Armagetron Advanced (check Sasha's post Razz, I tried it out and kept it on my computer). I can launch them without any problem, they just don't find any server.

On ArmagetronAd, it fails to connect with any Master server (I mention it because on that game, there are the details while I'm trying to have a browser of servers on my screen).

I checked my firewall, and put bv2.exe as an exception.
After few fails, I also put other "bv2p", "bv2plauncher" etc .exe as exceptions.
But well... It doesn't work.

Someone told me to reboot my modem, but I can't do that, because I don't have my personal modem. Just a plug in the wall for the ethernet wire. I can't reboot the whole building's modem ^^

Does anyone know how I can fix this problem (in another way than : "play babo only on week-ends" Razz) ?
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Troubles in finding servers Empty Re: Troubles in finding servers

Post by Anette Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:15 am

it is not the best solution, but you could try and download the remote client, and get the ip for servers + port number from that, then manually enter them in babo. xD
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 am

I couldn't see any servers when i was plugged in at my school either, I believe some proxy or firewall (hardware, like you said, the buildings modem) is blocking ports to your game. I beleive there are some programs which can redirect any port to port :80 (http port), maybe this is worth looking into.
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:00 am

Not sure if I am corect but you dont have an outside IP number only inside network, you should ask your Internet Provider to give you such a number.

In Poland some internet providers demands extra cash for external ip.
Gloom
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Anette, thanks for the idea, but no, it doesn't seem to work, since my babo software had kept the IP address of the last (euro) server visited and that it couldn't succeed in joining it Smile

I'll try to check if there's a way of switching port, thanks Pirate. If not it sucks Razz

Thanks to Gloom too, but if you are right I'll have difficulties to play here... Either because I'm not really a customer of my ISP, but well the building's owner is... (university).
And I like to play babo because it's free, having to add some extra-cash would just restrict me to play when I'm at home ^^

Thanks for answers, I'll try them soon.
Any other idea of way of fixing this is welcome =)
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:01 am

I couldn't try to redirect babo port, if you have some further information it's welcome Pirate.

I tried out to play to a third (and last) multiplayer game online : www.quakelive.com (for amators of FPS, this is Quake 3, full and totally free, online).

Again, the problem of connecting to a server...

Troubles in finding servers Quakelivefail

But I checked my firewall again, Norton one (Windows one has been disabled by Norton), for both bv2 exception and the quakelive connection :

Here we can see that Norton will always "autoriser (= allow) my "accès" (= access) for bv2 and armagetronad :

Troubles in finding servers Firewallsoftwareexcepti

And here, we can see that the TCP protocol that quakelive requires is "activé" (= activated) (French is easy for English ppl lol ^^) :

Troubles in finding servers Nortonprotocolsactivate

So it's inside the nature of my connection, but definetely not in my own computer setups and firewalls.
These games are running fine when I'm at home, not at university...

I hope Gloom wasn't right ^^ (no offence Gloom ;-])
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by fear Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:58 am

gloom is right, i'm sorry to say, you seem to have net acces through a proxy server.
uhm I'm almost 100% sure, coz you're at the university and they have that craps, like bandwith limit, forbidden acces to some pages, non flat, can't watch videos etc.
so, doing it against proxy you could violent your rights in the servers protocol. If I were on your place frosty, i would talk with the university admin of that server. You have nothing to lose, gl
fear
fear
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : Free Bird

Back to top Go down

Troubles in finding servers Empty :)

Post by fuazi Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:22 am

everything is clear.
find me in game or write me in icq - 4324246, i'll explain you how to play babo through proxy.
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:30 am

If its not a secret you could post the solution here Fuazi , it could help solve the problem for other ppl in future.
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:52 am

it's not a secret, but i need to ask some questions about proxy and internet connection, and the solution will depend on their answers.
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:26 pm

Look into this lil' thingy, i recall my informatics teacher saying this may work ^^

LINKEYH: http://www.your-freedom.net/
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:38 pm

He'll have to play for that too or be a free user wit a bandwith limit of 64kbit, not much fun in that. But ofc, you can look into it like Pir says

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:52 pm

Refreshing news :
Pirate's stuff did not work ^^

Thanks anyway ;P

Fuazi/Fly did not succeed (yet), but I couldn't explain the reasons of it with my little knowledge ^^

Anyway thanks for help too, and ... I can play only on week-ends, if a basic solution doesn't exist... I don't want to go too far only for a game ^^
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by fear Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:10 am

hehe watch out, you don't want to call it just a game..
somebody's life is! haha

anyway, these days im going to hook on my proxy a bit so you will get informed, cheers
fear
fear
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : Free Bird

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:23 am

All right, Fly finally succeeded.
I have now access to babo and other online multiplayer games through free proxies (port 80) of other countries (there's no free one working in Belgium).
So, I can now play with a yellow-green ping, laggy and jumping but it works !

My problem is fixed... Thanks for help (particularly to Fuazi/Fly, of course ;-P)

If I want to have a better ping I need to find another free proxy (or to buy one as some said, but I don't want to pay to play bv2 : I play bv2 because IT'S FREE Twisted Evil )
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down