European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules

+3
Adm
cnikshutupforonceXD
Yaô
7 posters

Go down

Rules Empty Rules

Post by Yaô Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:58 am

The Tournament

It's a cup with direct eliminations. To win the title you have to win all the games until the end, or you fail ^^.

Game Rules

- All games will be plaid on a new map designed and voted by the community every season.
- In order to avoid defense/fleeing abuse and to force both players to take risks, there is no time limit. Otherwise the first one getting a little advantage could just flee and avoid enemy shots waiting for the end, which is not really fair and kills the fun.
- There are 2 rounds. Kill score limit is set to 15. One round will be plaid on the 1st map voted by the community and the second one on the 2nd map voted.
- To win your game you must have the biggest overall kill score by the end of the 2 rounds.
- Spawn time: 2s.
- Forcerespawn ON.
- Grenades and flames are allowed.
- However every suicide, even unvoluntary, will result in a +1 to your opponent's kill score.
- If there's a disconnection or only one of the 2 candidates if here, the 2 candidates can both agree on a rematch but the one who doesn't make mistakes (is here on time and doesn't disconnect) has the right to decide he wins by forfeit. Any disagreement will be resolved by the judges.
- If you win your game, you go to the next stage. If you lose, you are out of the tourney.
- Cheating will result in a ban from the tourney.
- Rounds shall be plaid in very private servers so that noobs can't hop in.

Standings

- Standings will be be randomly set with dice ^^

Last edited by Yaô on Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:02 am; edited 10 times in total
Yaô
Yaô
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : @

Back to top Go down

Rules Empty Re: Rules

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:19 pm

So you expect these matches to be played on Rsquads? Because Eternity is now set for Joust and there are no other private servers unless you count Ins (they don't let anyone use it, I believe Razz) and there is a TGF server, but I don't know how that one is admin'd.
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaô Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 pm

Hmm yeah I guess Rsquads or BGs then... We'll find solutions to deal with eventual noobs hoping in.
Yaô
Yaô
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : @

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:49 pm

Bgz won't be online anymore.
Hey guys! Just a heads up that our server hosting finishes on December 31st. As planned, I will not renew the server host because of network latency issues and lack of contributions towards the server.

I hope you all had fun while it was up. If anyone comes with a new server solution and needs help setting it up, I would be glad to help.

Thanks.
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:50 am

so is it instagib or not?

also, suggestion about suicides, determing was smth suicide or not could be in some situations bad for judges. it can be easily avoided if you say that any suicide goes as kill for other player (and counting suicide is easy in the end, seeing how much one player killed and other player died, difference = suicides). players will have absolutely no motivation for killing them selves. worked well for CAT... ^^

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:19 am

Yaô wrote:Hmm yeah I guess Rsquads or BGs then... We'll find solutions to deal with eventual noobs hoping in.
you just set the maxplayeringame to 2 people, and noobs cannot join. Made CAT a lot easiere to manage Laughing
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:56 am

Anette wrote:
Yaô wrote:Hmm yeah I guess Rsquads or BGs then... We'll find solutions to deal with eventual noobs hoping in.
you just set the maxplayeringame to 2 people, and noobs cannot join. Made CAT a lot easiere to manage Laughing

Well maybe 4 players for the judges. Oh and I like your idea Gero, makes much more sense.
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:33 am

hmm I'd like to help, but I think i'm not enough responsible for it
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:41 am

anette was talking about 2 players in game, not in server, there is variable that allows only certain number of ppl playing and rest of server capacity can only be in spec.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by epi Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:45 am

lol i suggest 18 people as judges - perfect for that 20players servers. Noone can join and its gonna be okaaay! lol!
epi
epi
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : play

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:00 am

aw clever epi Smile
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:47 am

Geronimo wrote:anette was talking about 2 players in game, not in server, there is variable that allows only certain number of ppl playing and rest of server capacity can only be in spec.
yup.. maxplayeringame, meaning no one else can join the teams, so you wont have nubs interrupting, except maybe spamming from spec. But that doesnt ruin games quite the same Smile
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:40 am

Ofc you were. Sorry my inexperience is quite apparent. silent
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD

Back to top Go down

Post by BuLL Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:22 am

"Gloom wrote: Gero idea isn't that bad"

Enuff said!

Any suicide will result in +1 to kills for the opponent.
BuLL
BuLL
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : .NotoriousBaLLZ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum