European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player

4 posters

Go down

[Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player Empty [Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player

Post by Ratatosk Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:45 am

This shall become a little guide with tipps and other stuff that is useful to know when you want to become a good FFA player. Deathmatch is my favourite gametype, maybe because it is the bloodiest, but also, because I really feel it and am quite successful in it.

Let me start with the choice of weapons.

You can play Deathmatches successfully with nearly any weapon.
The weapon you play should depend on two main factors:
the size of the map and the amount of players playing.
There are some weapons, that are useless when there are a a lot of players on a very small map (Sniper) but that aren't bad, when you play with few people on a quite big map.
The other way round, Shotgun sucks on big maps with few players, but it pwns on small maps with a lot of players. I won FFAs with nearly every weapon (I think the only weapons I did not win a match with yet are Sniper Rifle and Photon Rifle).
So choose your weapon wisely. In general, SMG or DMG are good choices, though, on smaller maps, Flamethrower becomes more and more powerful. Same with Shotgun and Chain Gun. Like I said, it depends.

So now the secondary. Of course, nothing I say is kind of a dogma, but I am sure, that most of the things I say are right. Even if the next statement will not be accepted just like that by some (hehe, Gero^^): PLAY WITH KNIVES !!!

OK, on VERY big maps with VERY few players, you can think of shield.
But in general, I am sure, Knives are the better option. Nontheless, there are great Deathmatch players who play knives (memento, Ratatosk) there are great Deathmatch players who play Shield (Gero, Grend, Neo).
Knives lets you kill faster and especially on small maps very efficiently while shield will let you survive more often.
Let us imagine the same situation, once with shield, once with knives.
The map has a medium size and a medium amount of players. Now you are in a duel and it is a hard one. You and you enemy stand near to each other and he succeeds to throw a molotov on your babo. With knives, you have good chances to get him, with a bit of luck you get his HP, but probably you will die. Now imagine you shielding:
if you are good, you kill him, but as he has damaged you already before, even your shield cannot stand the flames. If you are unlucky, he doesn't die, but you are an easy aim for him to shoot you as you cannot shoot back.
You win a deathmatch with the most kills - not with the fewest deaths (even if deathmatch contains "death" Smile ). I would definately prefer killing one guy but dieing to killing no one, but surviving with low HP and being an easy aim for any enemy.
I don't say, Shield sucks in FFA, but I really prefer Knives. 60 damage is just mighty Smile

So let me now come to the gameplay:

There is basically one golden rule: Avoid 2v1 situations. OK. That sounds easy. But it definately isnt. There is nothing that sucks more than a guy killing you and an opponent who have been shooting each other without killing each other yet.
You are frustrated: all you work is worth nothing but 2 kills for an enemy.
The aim should be, that you try to be that frag stealing guy Smile
Even if ppl dislike you for that, that's the easiest way to get a lot of kills easily.
Next thing is: avoid well skilled players. Of course, that is kind of lame, but if you know, that their skills are better, just avoid them or kill them from behind or with nades or with anything. Or make them die. Even if its not you who killed them, they are dead and this means 5 seconds no kill for them. But you are alive and can get some kills.
Making your concurrence die is nearly as good as killing someone yourself.
Third tipp: Move, move, move!!! Don't stand still but move in any fucking corner of the map. Check the minimap for duels that you can finish with +2 kills for you.
Throw nades into 2 people trying to kill each other and get +2 kills.
Try to be stealthy and kill people from behind with some well placed shots.
et cetera et cetera

This is the first guide, I am sure not to have everything mentioned but that is what the community can add Razz
I am waiting for Geros "pro-shield-post"mand looking forward to it Smile
But following these instructions you can end up in FFAs a lot better than before Wink
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

[Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player Empty Re: [Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player

Post by Fëanor Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:24 am

Pick up everything you see. Even if you dont need more nades or hps it means that your enemy cant pick it up later.
Fëanor
Fëanor
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : .Notorious ballZ.

Back to top Go down

[Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player Empty Re: [Gameplay] How to become a good FFA player

Post by Killalot Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:10 am

But dont use it in clan matches... Your teammates will not like you taking all health Razz
Killalot
Killalot
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : Friends eXclusive

http://fx.devil.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Ratatosk Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:15 am

Fëanor wrote:Pick up everything you see. Even if you dont need more nades or hps it means that your enemy cant pick it up later.

yeah, forgot to mention that. Any nade or HP that helps your ennemies is bad for you!

Take what you can get!
Ratatosk
Ratatosk
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : None

Back to top Go down

Post by mindflayer Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:00 pm

not always true what i do (when theres enemies of course) throw nades before u pick em u might get lucky stay with hp till someone attack u when u have some damage pick it up and pawn your opponent

mindflayer
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum