European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unban plz

+7
Mosquito
Nath
Devil
Frosty
Cinc
Anette
cmnndr
11 posters

Go down

Unban plz Empty Unban plz

Post by cmnndr Tue May 08, 2012 11:16 am

Anette, I don't get why you act the way you did. Your global ban is absurd. I used the name "Kai" for a round of schooly. I've been playing all day with different names and it was just to make him talk to me. Moreover he doesn't even admit he is Kai and currently he is playing with another name, altough this info is irrelevant. Which is rellevant: all the players on the server, RS1, knew it was me and not Kai; you came on later so maybe you couldn't have known, which I doubt since I was loged in friendlist and I have you there so you could have seen I'm online. All the players on the server were known to you so it was obvious it's me and not someone impersonating another.

And another thing, I can remember a screenshot of a dm's result where most players where named Negative and one where all were Admiral Thrawn. Did anyone get a global ban for that? No. And you give me 1 week global ban for this... And you say I am smurfing when I always play loged in friendlist and never conceal my identity?

And don't be a hypocrite please. You banned me and I tell you it's absurd; next thing you say I can complain? Complain to whom? You'll still abuse your admin powers with or without my post here. Because ye, it's admin abuse.

+

You said you didn't know it's me until I insulted you. Which is not true. I asked you what insult did I say, you didn't answer. I thought you were afk so I waited until you typed to Fosters. The I asked you again how have I insulted you. You said nothing. Just "You are global banned for a week" and banned me.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Unban plz Empty Re: Unban plz

Post by Anette Tue May 08, 2012 11:29 am

I told you, I banned you for impersonating kai.
If everyone knew I guess it is a different thing, but I came on and saw u as kai. You werent acting like kai, who is normally calm, u were being rude.
The insult wasnt really relevant to ur ban, but when we were discussing the word "gay" and I said it meant happy, u said something about dykes, and then something about danish. Maybe I misunderstood, dunno, but during game (while I was there) u were being rude to the ur teammates.

Its not unknown that if you impersonate someone, you get banned. Cause it's not fair towards the person whose name you take.

Maybe all people knew, but also people seemed surprised to find out it was you (maybe they were just acting?)

I dont check which people are signed in to a server, I believe the name they take, and I believed you were kai as you had his colours.

I cannot comment on stuff that happens when I am not there.

I told you, you could complain, because ofc you are entitled to. Maybe I overacted on this one, sometimes emotions get in the middle of it also. So I am gonna talk with some admins about it but regardless, impersonating someone who isn't there, is never a good idea.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue May 08, 2012 11:58 am

Ok.

1. I wasn't smurfing.
2. Rude?
3. No one was surprised. All knew it's me. Immo even told you. And if you mean Fosters, he was teasing Immo that I am Snowker.
4. This is so hilarious I even have doubts if I should explain or not, but in order to make you feel confortable here it goes. You said gay means happy, I said yes if you're danish. I said gay=homoeroticdude, you said no it means happy. I said if youre dyke it means homoetc.

Now, this is irrelevant, we agreed on that, but if youre not sure what I did, don't accuse me.

And again, to impersonate someone means to act as if you are him. I did not do that. Nor did I smurf.

To impersonate -> http://www.thefreedictionary.com/impersonate

A smurf -> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smurf&defid=128100 or http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smurf&defid=128100

Now if we agree on these two definitions, it is clear I didn't smurf. Moreover smurfing isn't bannable. About the impersonating part. I guess things aren't as clear as they are regarding the other issue. Did I look like Kai? Yes? No? Old Kai? Maybe (I was using my personal babo skin, not his, which I don't even know how it looks like). Current Kai? No. Did I act like him? No. Did I pretend to be him? No. Did I say I was him? No.

Nostrad even asked me in french if I am Kai and I told him that I am not. Can't remember if you were in spec atm or not.

This is hardly the situation of one impersonating another. In fact it's more close to the situations I mentioned in the previous post. (the ones regarding Negative and Thrawn)
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Tue May 08, 2012 12:11 pm

I know I at first told you, smurfing was illegal, which ofc it isnt. What I meant by it was impersonating, which is the only word I used in my post.

Immo told me, that me and fosters didnt know.

Maybe things arent clear about impersonating to you, but if you take another persons name, and that person isnt there, it's not allowed.

Its hard to tell how many knew, and regardless, kai wasn't there. You know you took his name, it's not like you are a new player who had just made up the name.
No you didn't act like him, I was surprised how "he" acted as it wasn't like kai, and that is a dangerous part when you take someone else's name.

But I have talked to another admin about it, and we decided it was most fair to make the ban shorter to 3 days. Cause maybe this was just fun, but it's still not something you should do.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue May 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Fine.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue May 08, 2012 2:08 pm

This deserved a ban? By what criteria? Kai hasn't used his nick for a pretty long. It's like banning me for smurfing as Psyduck because there was once a player named Psyduck who decided to change his nick to Pikachu.

Before and after you come up with any imaginary rule to justify the ban, look at the sentence above.

If you persist with this however, I'm fairly sure I saw someone on rs change his name to "RAGE", I demand his ban because he is smurfing as a former joker named "RAGE".
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue May 08, 2012 2:32 pm

You must enter a message when posting.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

I once called myself RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE !, but I didn't know it used to be someone's nick. Besides, I kept my wS tag and kept saying "H3h".
The goal was just to show my mood, which was raging Smile
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Tue May 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Was Kai offended by this, or no one asked? Otherwise I can't see why this would need a global ban.
Devil
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Wed May 09, 2012 12:25 am

You cannot have people running around playing with other peoples names.
I have several times had people complain to me about something "I" did because someone else took my name.
Many people have in the past had problems with others taking their names, Maybe not you 4, but countless others.

There is a difference between someone new taking a very used name, like rage, and someone deliberately taking a name because it belongs to someone else.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Wed May 09, 2012 10:57 am

I believe this is harsh. Only GLOBAL banable offense in my eyes when smurfing is applied is if they smurf to be someone in a clan then play a clan match with them. And as said before, Kai = Fifty and he doesn't even use his old name anymore. Just showing some middle-ground. :]
Nath
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Back to top Go down

Post by Mosquito Wed May 09, 2012 2:59 pm

smurfing is illegal ? :O
Mosquito
Mosquito
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Wed May 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Mosquito wrote:smurfing is illegal ? :O
for you yes, you already used your quota Surprised
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Wed May 09, 2012 11:42 pm

i dont think this is for global ban. maybe an oral warning on the spot but not ban.

that being said, varlan i do not know why you keep running into these kind of situations. there was this short moment when you decided to put name of Kai as your name when a little voice in your head whispered that this maybe is not such a good idea. listen to it next time... :-P you already have a reputation what drags with you and instead to walk away from the edge of the cliff you dance polka on it. be smarter.

cant comment on the rudeness since dont really understand.

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 pm

To be fair, I decided to ban before I knew it was varlan, as I didnt know it wasnt kai, until he as kai said "I wish kai could see me now" (or something to that effect).
So has nothing to do with it being varlan.
Maybe a warning would be enough, but my experience say people on rs dont listen to warnings. Smile
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Thu May 10, 2012 1:05 am

Geronimo wrote:varlan i do not know why you keep running into these kind of situations. [...] you already have a reputation what drags with you and instead to walk away from the edge of the cliff you dance polka on it.

Some change the password to their forum account some dance polka tongue
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by .Fenomén. Thu May 10, 2012 1:44 am

Geronimo wrote:i dont think this is for global ban. maybe an oral warning on the spot but not ban.
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Varlan banned orally,
Gero has no clue!
Sorry, can not leave this one out! lol!
.Fenomén.
.Fenomén.
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : fLAG clan

https://www.youtube.com/TheFenomenmusic

Back to top Go down

Post by FireBall Thu May 10, 2012 2:47 am

I totally agree with Gero, such people should get oral warnings on the spot!
FireBall
FireBall

http://wsclan.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 am

.Fenomén. wrote:
Roses are red
Violets are blue,
Varlan banned orally,
Gero has no clue!

Cause if he did
1,2,3 and his cum
Would be spilled
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Thu May 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Anette wrote:
Mosquito wrote:smurfing is illegal ? :O
for you yes, you already used your quota Surprised

xD

Geronimo wrote:instead to walk away from the edge of the cliff you dance polka on it. be smarter.

Wise redskin talked Razz
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri May 11, 2012 12:24 am

Unbanned.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ifka Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 am

GJ!;]
ifka
ifka
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Mon May 21, 2012 2:21 am

You wanna say more about this varlan, or can I close it?
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Wed May 23, 2012 9:21 am

Hey! I was afk for some days. Just made it home to my innawebz so I can post a reply. Close it sure. You're the admin. I said my peace. Smile
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down