European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

clan/name skins

+2
keta
Rusty
6 posters

Go down

clan/name skins Empty clan/name skins

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:23 am

hi, i was just thinking that i could make skins for every clan here and for some players and keta could give that into prozac2 mode skins folder and then everybody could see that and every clan could have their skins, no clan players too..it won't be the option in the menu but everybody could change it in console..what do u think? king
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : want to :)

Back to top Go down

clan/name skins Empty Re: clan/name skins

Post by keta Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:51 am

Well, new skins can be added, and skin selector slider can be modified to support numbers higher than 23. However, I'm unsure about adding new skins, because Prozac isn't so popular, and players who use classic client or unmodded proclient will see garbled or random skins.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : *w.o.w*

http://baboviolent2.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:07 am

i know..these people will see something random but there will be prozac 2 and skin rar archive with all those skins and everyone who will use prozac 2 or download the skin archive will see..it was just an idea..i tried some skins with clan names and it looks really cool Smile but i am working on new skins for some time as football, pokéball, world globe and other ball things i can find in my casual life so i could give u that when it will be finished and u could add it there next to basic skins if u want Smile
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:30 pm

Good ideea. Do it.

p.s. Pokeball would be awesome Very Happy
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:54 pm

i was thinking about that recently too good idea, could also be done with crosshairs and textures i think just use devs crosshairs and add more than 8 selections plus add more theme folders, you have a good point about not everyone using prozac so why not contact poit or toes on rndlabs about getting it incorporated into pro client since most use that.
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Unreal wrote:why not contact poit or toes on rndlabs about getting it incorporated into pro client since most use that.
I've contacted them. Toes will not make any changes (he has more important things) or give access to the sources without permission from RndLabs. RndLabs will not give any permission to do anything with source code to anyone. They have not prohibited me to hack binaries though.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:45 pm

ketamine wrote:eRndLabs will not give any permission to do anything with source code to anyone.

It's really the loss because there could be a good team of people Sad
If u keta need to help with anything in prozac just say i ll do my best Wink

ps: the first skins made (i was thinking about country flag skins and tried to make some types, pokeballs, masterballs here Very Happy and the globe) everything in the project step because i learned how to shadow the skins but now i dont have much time so just img as a trailer Very Happy
clan/name skins Beznzvueht
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:55 pm

It would be nice if you added a third color to the 'earth' skin, for the poles and half of africa. Adding shadows will be easier if you'll do all in the separate layers (in Photoshop, you may split source pictures to layers using channels).

About help... Well, if you are experienced in disassembling, reverse engineering or familiar with low-level programming for DirectX, well, there are some work to do, just let me know Very Happy
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:29 pm

i made antarctica white..was just trying it all in very little time Smile
i just thought like with some graphic jobs Very Happy i can only write some stupid programs in Pascal lol Embarassed
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:20 am

Damn, the pokeball looks great!
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kronus Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:05 am

rusty you can do to my clan the skin with a J ?
Kronus
Kronus
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Jokers

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:08 am

Btw, I think making clan skins is not good idea, because there are no immortal clans, and having 5-10+ tagged skins only because they was famous somewhere in the time is pretty pointless. And what, for example, Cinc will say when some noob will take branded skin with >?< tag?
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:43 pm

ketamine wrote:Btw, I think making clan skins is not good idea, because there are no immortal clans, and having 5-10+ tagged skins only because they was famous somewhere in the time is pretty pointless. And what, for example, Cinc will say when some noob will take branded skin with >?< tag?

i thought about that its true and i am trying to figure that out as secret skins and the way to them can know just clans, or i could send the link for the archive only to people who will do not use that for anything else. i am working on that
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Rusty wrote:i thought about that its true and i am trying to figure that out as secret skins and the way to them can know just clans,
Skins may be just placed and choosen by modifying config or by set cl_skin.

Rusty wrote:or i could send the link for the archive only to people who will do not use that for anything else. i am working on that
It will be little anonymous baboholics club. Nice.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:07 pm

Honestly, who'd want a clan skin/name? I'm using the same skin since my first day on babo, and I'm not intending to ever change it to some custom skin just for my personal viewing, if it can't be seen by anyone else. I guess most of the people feel the same way.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:09 pm

Cinc wrote:Honestly, who'd want a clan skin/name? I'm using the same skin since my first day on babo, and I'm not intending to ever change it to some custom skin just for my personal viewing, if it can't be seen by anyone else. I guess most of the people feel the same way.
Someone wants. But I'd rather add new general usage skins available to anyone than custom skins for chosen people.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:24 pm

it was just an idea Smile i got all skins replaced with white color..everyone is just blue or red without any ornaments i like it that way Smile
Rusty
Rusty
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down