European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for the next tourney

+2
Zeckett
Zakh
6 posters

Go down

Ideas for the next tourney Empty Ideas for the next tourney

Post by Zakh Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:19 am

Hello all ! Since we play this tourney, I had some ideas to propose, as it is, at the moment, imperfect.

First, about team building :
-This is the big fail of this tourney, imo. Indeed, teams are unfair, and not everyone can have a chance in this tourney. With Luna, we had to create a team and if we had not done this, none of our players would have been taken in another.

For the next tourney :
I propose a random team making, with differents levels of players :
1 : Noobs
2 : Quite goods
3 : Old and skilled people
4 : Very good people
5 : Best weapon-players
And each team randomly done of one player of each level.

Second, about the supposed main aspect of the game : strategy
-The tourney as nothing to do with strategy atm : people do not try to build up an empire with close countries as they should do, they just attack the weakest team to win a country.

For the next tourney :
I propose to change the rules to win : the goal would not be to have 11 countries, but to have 11 LINKED countries. What I mean by that, having 11 linked countries, is to have a united empire, with countries close together, As an exemple, having Portugal+Spain+France+Grece=having 3 countries : 3 for the empire of P+S+F, and only 1 for Grece, so 3 because it's the biggest empire of the nation beyond the two. Am I understood on this point ?

Third : about when to play fights :
-It's indeed a main problem, many team lose some countries unfairly because they were able to play at one time but the offenders can't and finaly lost the country.

For the next tourney :
I propose to fix a specific hour to play the tourney, such as 8pm-9pm, the hour when most people can play. This worked quite well with the DM Tourney, why not trying it again ? Smile

That's all I have to propose atm, tell yours too ! Very Happy

PS : this is not drama, I do drama in game, not on forum.

Zakh
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Ideas for the next tourney Empty Re: Ideas for the next tourney

Post by Zeckett Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:48 am

Zakh wrote:the goal would not be to have 11 countries, but to have 11 LINKED countries. What I mean by that, having 11 linked countries, is to have a united empire, with countries close together

+1!

Zeckett
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:07 am

Your more then welcome to create Your own tournament with more fair rules I love you .

As for the teams I'll consider picking teams like in schoolyard with 6 captains, althou there is no guarantee they will pick You anyways ^
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by Malin Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:05 am

Gloom wrote:Your more then welcome to create Your own tournament with more fair rules I love you .

cheers
Malin
Malin
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:10 am

For the next tourney :
I propose a random team making, with differents levels of players :
1 : Noobs
2 : Quite goods
3 : Old and skilled people
4 : Very good people
5 : Best weapon-players
And each team randomly done of one player of each level.
who will distinguish people in this way?
personally i have 2 criteria - nabs and not nabs.
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakh Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:39 am

fuazi wrote:
who will distinguish people in this way?
personally i have 2 criteria - nabs and not nabs.

You're right for this part, that's why I agree with Gloom :

Gloom wrote:As for the teams I'll consider picking teams like in schoolyard with 6 captains, althou there is no guarantee they will pick You anyways ^

Zakh
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by bob Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 pm

Im not playing on the tournament but i played risk plenty of times and off course it would be hard making the whole tournament with the exact same rules as risk but i would like to suggest something for season 2. Maybe it would be better to increase the number of players of the teams,maybe 6, and for every turn everyone should lose or win a player according to the result of the match. Off course it would be hard to do this but lets all suppose the maximum players would be for example 6 and the minimum 3. That way we could get more players playing the tournament and more action since the size of the team would be also at risk. I also agree with zak's idea of getting 11 countries linked together, but its really hard to divide the best players since choosing a team is suppose to be a free matter, therefor, you can choose whatever you want. Even if we make 6 captains i still think that some teams would be stronger than others.

Anyways gj with the tournament it was really a good ideia
bob
bob
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Clan : Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down