European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mic

3 posters

Go down

mic Empty mic

Post by memento Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:26 pm

I have a problem. With my microphone. Im using it, everything is fine. Then it suddenly stopps working. So far it seems PC restart helps. Why am I posting it here ? I was curious what application can ruin my mic, and it seems it might be either babo or fraps. It seems weird, but these are the only applications. Mic works, then I play babo, then mic doesnt work.
Has this happened to anyone Question Shocked
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

mic Empty Re: mic

Post by cmnndr Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:08 pm

Crapp are you sleeping? Get on to it PRONTO! Very Happy
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:17 am

What other programs are you using when it happens?
Does it happen no matter what you do?
How much time passes before it happens?
What are your PC specs? http://www.gtopala.com/download/siw.exe download this to know
Your OS?

Anyways, if it happens while you're using a chat program and playing BV, can you try using messenger voice chat instead and see if it still happens. If it doens't, the problem is not hardware related (which I doubt it is anyway).
I'd suggest updating drivers/uninstall and reinstall drivers also to see if that helps.
Does it happen when you start BV or after some time playing BV?

An alternative:
mic Usb-sound-card

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by memento Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:31 am

I love you Crapper I love you

The mystery has been kinda solved alien . It's Fraps that shoots down the mic (as soon as its turned on). It looks like IDT Audio and Fraps dont enjoy oral intercourse. I tried it on notebook ( Realtek) and everything is working fine there.

Although this computer is old piece of junk, I, for once, blame IDT Audio lookhowcooliam
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Crapper Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:36 am

Good good. Well, if you need Fraps and mic at the same time, there's no harm in getting a USB soundcard for the PC. They're cheap and do what they're supposed to. I've used them myself when the audio got fried on my PCs during overclocking (have since then turned onboard sound off on my PCs in favor of a PCI-32 soundcard).

Whatever you find as being the solution for you, I hope you get it to work.

- Crapper

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum