European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse.

+19
Claymore
dizzy
Crapper
Peacemaker
Gerry
Devil
Sasha
dad0
Baboow
Neo
Pirate
cnik
fuazi
Gloom
Cinc
Cyber
Frosty
Anette
Anya
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse. Empty [Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse.

Post by Anya Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:56 am

Hello guys and ladies.

A little pre-history.
8 months ago I was on DM#1. I was with Berserk and Predator. We were playing cooperatively. This means - shoot everyone but not us, because we were friends.
Neo was there also. And since we overpowered Neo (you know, 3 vs 1 is not fair) he started to complain that we must be banned for such evil behavior. Well, we did not listen to him and continued to play. He left with great sorrow.

Now the history:
About 3 weeks ago I was playing with another nick. With single quotes, you know.
I was on DM#1 and we played there Berserk, Predator and me. As usual, because we are still friends, we did not shoot each other. We played as a voluntary team. Well .. some times we killed each other, the inevitable reflexes you know Smile
At some time of the game a mysterious player entered the game. His nick was ' (single quote). We owned a little him and he become slightly irritated. He asked "Did I see cooperative play here?". And I replied "yes, you are probably seeing such a play". Then he told us "stop this right now or you will be banned". Of course we did not stop, DM#1 is a public server and everyone can play as he wants unless hes not cheating.
The guy went spectator and 2 minutes later we three were banned.
Just before I receive my ban I noticed that some guy typed on chat: "Well it seems Neo is angry on someone".
The next day I discovered I was banned also from CTF#1 and CTF#2. The day after the next day it was TDM and so on.
As far as I know I am not globally banned (thank you, Cnik, for the valuable information and for the "co-operation").

So I want to ask - what rule did I break? Is there a special code for behavior on DM#1?

To the admins of CTF, DM and TDM:

Dear admins,
Don't you guys think you have started to think you are something more than the regular players? You think you are special? You give bans to the left and to the right just like that? Not in a mood - BAN. Owned by a player - BAN, A player wants to say HELLO - BAN. Someone empowered you, by giving you the admin rights, with trust, considering that you possess the wisdom to distinguish between the stupidity and the misbehavior and you do what? As the very primeval fool you abuse this power to deal with the people you don't like! Because of the primeval feeling of the God Blessed, the Chosen One?

I am sure the databases of CTF and DM have more than 100 000 entries of banned IPs.
Why? Because you think God created this world just for you? Well, let me tell you something - from the point of the wisdom of the elders: you are not so special; the world was there long before your grandma and grandpa were born; the world will continue its turning even after your death, not even noticing your absence.

I am disappointed by the malice that this ' (single quote) guy showed on me. It was not enough to ban me from the DM servers - he banned me also from all other servers when he has the power of admin. I am not saying it was Neo. I just write you here what I saw on the chat. I do not blame anyone, I do not seek revenge and I do not even want to know who was the ' that banned me.

I just want to tell you to start thinking before you ban. Because now you can ban with ease noobs, tomorrow you will kill with ease real people. And the game of the life has no undo nor reload.

And I humbly await for my unban. Once again : I do not want revenge. Let this ' (single quote) guy remain anonymous. I feel sorry for him, because he is already punished by the Real Life. He knows why.

Cnik, thank you again, for your "co-operation". It was really valuable, because I had some doubts about you but now everything is finely clear.

Anya
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

[Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse. Empty Re: [Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse.

Post by Anette Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:24 am

Anya wrote:So I want to ask - what rule did I break? Is there a special code for behavior on DM#1?
yes, Dm is everyone for himself, you wanna play team you go to TDM. It is that simple. Making a team on DM isn't the point of DM, why even play there when it is not what you intend to do?
You were warned, you didn't stop, so you got banned. I don't see anything wrong with this.

Anya wrote:
To the admins of CTF, DM and TDM:

Dear admins,
Don't you guys think you have started to think you are something more than the regular players? You think you are special? You give bans to the left and to the right just like that? Not in a mood - BAN. Owned by a player - BAN, A player wants to say HELLO - BAN. Someone empowered you, by giving you the admin rights, with trust, considering that you possess the wisdom to distinguish between the stupidity and the misbehavior and you do what? As the very primeval fool you abuse this power to deal with the people you don't like! Because of the primeval feeling of the God Blessed, the Chosen One?
I like how you talk about every admin, as if we are all here to make ur life harder. Being admin isn't easy and when you have to listen to shit like this, it makes it that much harder to be bothered to do anything when people have problems on servers.
Obviously we all just ban everybody when we feel like it.

Anya wrote:I am sure the databases of CTF and DM have more than 100 000 entries of banned IPs.
Why? Because you think God created this world just for you? Well, let me tell you something - from the point of the wisdom of the elders: you are not so special; the world was there long before your grandma and grandpa were born; the world will continue its turning even after your death, not even noticing your absence.
Yes there are a lot of people who get banned, because there are lot of people who play this game that doesn't know how to behave. Pred had me ban someone once who kept insulting you should I just have ignore him and let the guy keep insulting you? The servers are public and for everyone that is true, but they aren't there just for you either. They are for people who want the game that is going on on the server. about the wisdom and that, don't see any reason to comment on it.

Anya wrote:I am disappointed by the malice that this ' (single quote) guy showed on me. It was not enough to ban me from the DM servers - he banned me also from all other servers when he has the power of admin. I am not saying it was Neo. I just write you here what I saw on the chat. I do not blame anyone, I do not seek revenge and I do not even want to know who was the ' that banned me.
This post dissappoints me. You may not seek revenge, but you seek something or you wouldn't have taken the time to make this kind of post.

Anya wrote:I just want to tell you to start thinking before you ban. Because now you can ban with ease noobs, tomorrow you will kill with ease real people. And the game of the life has no undo nor reload.
what a nice jump there.. Ye today you shoot a babo with smg, tomorrow you shoot a real person.. sure sure.. that is how the real world works.

Anya wrote:And I humbly await for my unban. Once again : I do not want revenge. Let this ' (single quote) guy remain anonymous. I feel sorry for him, because he is already punished by the Real Life. He knows why.
well good luck with it, I am sure he will unban you very soon when he reads your post.

Anya wrote:Cnik, thank you again, for your "co-operation". It was really valuable, because I had some doubts about you but now everything is finely clear.
Ye I would like to say thanks to Cnik also, I always knew you were a cool guy. Thank you for being a nice friend Hug. Now!
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

[Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse. Empty Re: [Archive] Why did I get banned or is there an administrator abuse.

Post by Frosty Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 am

You know, flaming spawns is not cheating either Rolling Eyes
But if admins did not use to ban flamespawners who did not respect our warnings, playing on pubs with all those flamespawns would be sooo boring.

"Team" playing in DM is also really boring for the other players.
As " ' ", I wouldn't have found that cool.

I never saw any admin banning someone without telling him first to stop screwing cm's, flaming spawns, or anything else.
" ' " warned you too.

I think you could get unbanned without too much difficulties, because you are known around, and you don't need to proof that... you could stop doing what you were doing. But not with writing such posts. It doesn't bring anything better to the story. It just makes it public for people who weren't on the server.
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:46 am

Personally even though i'm not admin, you don't know how much annoying it was to play dm which is like 12 players max with 4 players playing in an ally; you've been warned many many times, from random players : in a correct way by some and in a less polite way by some else but well you've been warned by admin too like everyone who does smth wrong and i've known neo for a long time and i bet i didn't ban you without asking anything like to stop it.
I don't think such drahamas are needed, mostly it's no need to write such poems since personally i've been playing this game since like 2 years and i always found every of the admin a correct subject who's fully conscious of his rights.
Guess you gotta look at your own behaviour.
Cheers
Cyber
Cyber
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:59 am

The question that raises here is the fairness of this ban. Why ban only 1 person of a team of three who teamed up in dm?
Teaming up in dm is not such an offense to be banned, which makes me wonder why did an admin issue a ban, and moreover why only for 1 person? That is what makes this an unfair ban. If you want to make it a fair ban, ban all people who teamed up. After you've banned three respected players for teaming up in dm and thinking about it once, you'll see you're acting foolishly, '.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:28 am

Cinc wrote:The question that raises here is the fairness of this ban. Why ban only 1 person of a team of three who teamed up in dm?
v
Anya wrote:The guy went spectator and 2 minutes later we three were banned.
Cinc wrote:Teaming up in dm is not such an offense to be banned, which makes me wonder why did an admin issue a ban, and moreover why only for 1 person? That is what makes this an unfair ban. If you want to make it a fair ban, ban all people who teamed up. After you've banned three respected players for teaming up in dm and thinking about it once, you'll see you're acting foolishly, '.
it may not be reason for ban in your opinion but when it ruins the game for everybody there it is, plus there was a warning so they could have just stopped it. DM is not a team game, nor should it be played that way.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 am

Heh i guess i should start reading posts before jumping to conclusions Very Happy Very Happy

But my opinion is still my opinion, teaming up is not such a bad offense.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:57 am

Teaming up in DM is sorta lame , but if it was for me I wouldn't ban You.
Hope You will be unbanned soon and won't do it again.

btw. There is no written rule not to team up in PUBLIC DM but its rather common sense that people will became frustrated by that kind of actions.
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 pm

' and Neo is the same person.
If you kill Neo you get a ban - that's a pordesign policy.
Are you surprised? Smile

" ' " warned you too.
Next time I'll be really scared when a guy with nickname ".:" or smth like that warns me Very Happy
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:21 pm

LOL, Anette
I didn't see anywhere shits I wrote. Or maybe you see what you want to see?
Many of the things you wrote I barely understand - you need to polish a little bit your English. But anyways, those things are not important for me.

I have spoken with the babo developers from RNDLabs about this issue with the admin abuse. They were laughing on how seriously you have taken yourselves and according to them this is obvious abuse.

You can keep me banned - if I want I have my ways to play babo. And I already did that several times during these 3 weeks.
However most of you became too weak for me and there is no fun. In fact the worthy players in babo are too few, which makes me bored.
Actually I wrote this post not for seeking something (under your skirt, Anette?) but because Char Char asked me to do that. If I could want revenge I could get it instantly, not to waste time in posts.

To Gloom:
In fact we are not teaming up against a common enemy. We just do not shoot each other when we meet. We do not attack the same person, we just not shoot ourselves.

Anya
Babo Newcomer
Babo Newcomer

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:33 pm

PHOTON BADASS!
HOMIE DON'T PLAY THAT
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 pm

fuazi wrote:
" ' " warned you too.
Next time I'll be really scared when a guy with nickname ".:" or smth like that warns me Very Happy

Cmon, Anya knew too that " ' " was Neo Wink

Anya :
Why did Char asked you to do that ?

And I don't think looking for things under An's skirt (or mine's skirt...) will change anything to this, so let's keep this out of the topic.

Anya wrote:
I am sure the databases of CTF and DM have more than 100 000 entries of banned IPs.
Why? Because you think God created this world just for you?

Actually, they did not do that for them, but for every player of the community who wants to have serious cm's on private servers, etc etc..
Of course, your case is different. And this forum may be the way of getting you, and other eventual "unfair banned people" unbanned. So the databases list becomes shorter.
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cnik Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Anya wrote:Cnik, thank you again, for your "co-operation". It was really valuable, because I had some doubts about you but now everything is finely clear.
Excuse me? You could at least try keeping me away from it this time.
Berserk asked me to check if some ip's were banned and I did it. I think everyone knows that if you want your ban to be removed you should post on forum or talk to an admin that banned you on msn, I told Berserk about that so what's the problem?

cnik
First CAT Winner; Babo-Wan Kenobi

Clan : old whiny grumpy balls

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Just a question, are all of you still banned on the according servers? or just you?

Also, its a known fact that team-play/ignoring friends is is not appropriate on DM servers, thats why they invented TDM. Nevertheless I think it's not really a ban-able offense (at least not permanent, maybe 48 hours?).

Also, there's this thing that bugs me too... The way Anya tells it, That they kinda annoyed this one person who happens to be an admin, which decides he doesn't like it and bans them. The way I hear that little story, doesn't sound that community driven (you know what I mean).

Which brings me to a totally different point (yet comparable in a small way). The zooka on TGF server are disabled. Why? just because a few people decided they don't like it (for whatever reason). BOOM it's gone, great, do we get a tell in that? I know it's their server and all, but still, it proves some power of the admins. No matter how much I'm going to bitch about it, there will never be a day it gets activated.

It's getting quite hard to ask for an unban these days. The motivations of the admins are all so perfect, and the community happily stands behind them. But really, ask yourselves, Is this offense really THAT punishable to permanently ban or for more than 2 months (I know there was no talk about ban duration, I'm just forming some opinion and trying to convey them in a hopefully effective manner).

Reaching the end of this post, I realized that it might not have been such a bad idea to ban them, considering the supposed warnings they got. But in my opinion, banning them for more than a week would really be ridiculous, and a true admin abuse.

Maybe my opinion gets respected maybe not (I think we are all smart enough to respect each others opinions, since it's always possible to respect each others opinions, without having to agree with them). I've been thinking about it, and I think its quite reasonable, heck, maybe someone will even agree with me.

Last edited by Pirate on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:24 pm

Pirate wrote:Just a question, are all of you still banned? or just you?
I would guess they have dynamic ip and she doesn't.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

I banned you guys/girls, after telling 100 times to stop. Thast all, and we had this discussion before, so its really stupid to keep doing it!

Im out, hf.

Neo
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:55 am

I believe that Pirate is right about the duration.
There's maybe something to fix there.
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:17 am

Frosty wrote:I believe that Pirate is right about the duration.
There's maybe something to fix there.
I remember talking with some admins about making a list, so it is more clear how long u get banned for what things. Ofc not everything can be listed, but the common things would be. Not sure if it would solve anything?
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboow Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:24 am

although i dont agree with 90% of what Anya said, i dont understand the why she gets banned on other servers after few days?

Neo wrote:I banned you guys/girls, after telling 100 times to stop. Thast all, and we had this discussion before, so its really stupid to keep doing it!

Im out, hf.
nice attitude Wink maybe this is what ppl complain about?

Baboow

Back to top Go down

Post by dad0 Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:09 am

OP is butthurt

dad0
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:47 am

I'd suggest making an appeal board of administrators, which will be able to overpower the decisions of other administrators,
which will include 4 members out of the current administration board
3 to decide and 1 to substitute in case of own of the admin being involved.

This might help solving disputable issue and moot points, such as this very one
or the one where 3 guys have been banned for the sins of one.

(Democratic election)
@edit: It doesn't really has to be consisted out of the administrators board.
That will clearly divide the power between the judiciary and the "bailiffs"/"government"

@edit2: rofl, what admin would agree ..
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:56 am

FFA - FREE for ALL

Can it be considered unfair for the rest of the players if someone teams up in a DM? Perhaps (although, to be fair, Anya specified it was not teaming up, but just not shooting at each other). Is that a reason to ban? I don't consider it to be.
In fact, if I were to enter a DM and my sole purpouse was to just move around and not kill anyone, then would that be reason to be banned? If I were to play a DM and I only wanted to kill this ONE player, and not shoot at anyone else, would that be reason to be banned? If several players just agreed not to shoot at each other, why is that a reason for banning?

So, Neo, with all due respect, I don't think you should have taken this so far.
Yes I can understand why you would consider it to be unfair, yes I can understand why you would get angry, although to be honest, I thought of you as the kind of player who would rather like the challenge and fight the odds, instead of complaining about them and then actually ban several known members of our community.

Think about it Neo, if you didn't have any admin rights, would you have come on the forum to complain that some players are shooting at you but not at each other? C'mon...it sounds silly just by saying it out loud. Smile

@ Anya: I can understand why you are upset, but that is no reason to put all of the admins on the same boat. Because in the end, both the admins and the players just want the same thing - a better gaming experience Wink

@ Anette: I can also see why you would get offended, but I trust you did understand that Anya spoke out of feelings of anger and injustice. You are like the knight among the admins, always standing up for everyone, but remember that you don't need to take it all up on your own, and that every admin has a mouth to speak (or rather hands to type, in this particular situation Razz) and a brain to think.
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 am

^^ i really like the part of the world who's been here before us and blablabla Razz Razz

Devil wrote:FFA - FREE for ALL
Think about it Neo, if you didn't have any admin rights, would you have come on the forum to complain that some players are shooting at you but not at each other? C'mon...it sounds silly just by saying it out loud. Smile
btw 8 ppl who get annoyed >> 3 ppl who complain about a ban and i remember that 8 month ago (according to Anya pre-history) there exist a topic about this DM-Alley coz many players get pissed off about it + it was not just "not shooting to each others" but also it was stay near and kill whoever come near them and in small maps, like in the dm ones, that can be really annoying.

Now i dont know if that happened again 3 weeks ago but 2-3 players staying near who didnt shoot at each others but just keep aiming at u isnt funny at all.

Devil wrote:
@ Anya: I can understand why you are upset, In the end, both the admins and the players just want the same thing - a better gaming experience Wink
+1 at that,

in the end, i dont rly see any admin abuse here, we always ban ppl for reason like flaming respawn or spamming in game with fast message, and for many others reason, coz they ruin the "fun" for the majority of the others ppl and no1 ever complain about that kind of ban.

Ofc anya is a well knowed player and also a "babo friends" of mine so neo didnt ban a "noob" this time and thats why there's all that commotion in forum.

btw (not sure about this) this type of ban last for some weeks, since are already 3 weeks i suggest that the ban shall be removed.

Last edited by Gerry on Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Gerry
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:29 am

Devil wrote:@ Anette: I can also see why you would get offended, but I trust you did understand that Anya spoke out of feelings of anger and injustice but remember that every admin has a mouth to speak and a brain to think.
I can understand getting frustrated over being banned, but I also believe it doesn't justify that kind of post. But meh, ye it offended me and I guess I didn't go about it in the right way and I am sorry for that. It had nothing to do with other admins not being able to speak or think, it was only about me getting frustrated reading that kind of post.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neo Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:15 am

Please Devil you sound like a Saint, maybe you should reconsider your nick.

You weren't on the server, therefore your cant talk about what happened and what didn't happened!
After playing for some minutes, I told them to stop it since it ruins the game for others. After some time/talk, I went spec and gave them a final warning, since it was clear they where walking together and shooting others down! So dont talk about a situation, you know nothing about.

I think the ban was in the right place, however I agree about the duration of the ban should be about a week.

Neo
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next