European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions

+6
cnikshutupforonceXD
Sasha
dad0
Cinc
dizzy
Cyber
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions Empty Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions

Post by Cyber Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:55 am

The old ELO Calculator's domine has been closed nowadays so i'm looking for an alternative sites which offers ELO calculators.
Otherwise, i waited like half a day before to post this but looks like the domine is totally closed, ladder won't be updated until we don't find an another calculator.
Cyber
Cyber
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions Empty Re: Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions

Post by dizzy Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:35 am

shit !!!

maybe someone can make new ELO calculator If this possible or we can look for new ELO calculator
dizzy
dizzy
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions Empty Re: Problem with ELO Calculator : Looking for solutions

Post by Cyber Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:45 am

Yea this is going to be fixed as soon as possible.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:17 am

The old one was from a chess site right?

EDIT: Found a chess elo calculator. I need to check if it works but looks ok.
Link: http://www.brothersoft.com/chess-calculator-for-fide-206339.html
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by dad0 Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:01 am

Cyber wrote:The old ELO Calculator's domine has been closed nowadays so i'm looking for an alternative sites which offers ELO calculators.
Otherwise, i waited like half a day before to post this but looks like the domine is totally closed, ladder won't be updated until we don't find an another calculator.
>The old ELO Calculator's domine
>Calculator's domine
>domine

U mean domain amirite?

Anyways i found this shit.
http://www.kosteniuk.com/EloCalc/elo.php

dad0
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:20 am

Okay guys thanks try to find the easiest one because cyb + math = troubles :>.
Or at least lend an hand to me.
Hope to hear from you as soon as possible so i can make it worfully again.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:50 am

Probably the ELO Calculator has been found gimme one day to test if it's workfull and i'll fully update the ladder, there are like 3 matches which were played on 22 / 11 so i guess i'll follow the order of posting.

Upadate : The Elo Calculators i've found are not working as i would appreciate, i guess if you guys want the ladder to go on you might lend me an hand finding something workfully.
Tomorrow i'll try to run a related PHP Class on a local server, i'll let you know if this works.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 am

We can always fabricate one =) But I don't see any good reason to use the chess-Elo algorithm. It has some constants and variables chess only related .
MSN me, Cyb.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:04 am

Guess we'll all have to move from babo to chess then.
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:45 am

Elo is not used only on chess ranking it has been used in many kinds of ladders, anyway yea i'll msn you i found some PHP Classes about it.
I'll open a Ladder Site but this will take a bit since i've much study, now i just have to find one calculator to keep it going cuz otherwise there'll be much confusion with the new posted matches.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:49 am

Does this work for you ?
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:56 am

Not really i write the points of the interested clans but well in Match result i just don't know what to put, there should be a check box to fill out to select who has won
The calculator needs both the points of clans + an info about who won.
Might this is me which is using it wrong but well scratch
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:07 am

If you play around with it you will notice it doesn't matter what were the scores.
Just put 1 for the winner and 0 for the loser

Upd: put 2 and 1. Chess players can't score less then 1 =)
Upd2: normally Elo includes scores in the calculation formula. Seems like something is wrong in the initial count. But if it satisfies you as is - we are good.
Upd3: Simple enough ? =)

Last edited by Sasha on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by memento Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:20 am

I dont know much about this ELO, but ... cant you just take it's formulas, put it in a software ( Excel, etc ) and make ur own calculator ?
memento
memento
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 am

I've just used the etc variant from your suggestion, mem.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:46 am

Doesn't work as the other one did.
When both clans had 1000 points one went up to 1019 and one down to 981 and your script gives like a +60 :_:
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am

Yep, this is what I was afraid of.
Ok, I'll think of something today.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:27 am

Thanks for helping Sasha.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:49 am

Cyb, here you go! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Program made by me, Babo Ladder Rankings Calculator:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2Z4LFANM

You'll see that it's easy to use, if you want the source code i'll post it later.

EDIT: I tested it couple of times and i couldn't find any errors, but if you happen to find one just tell me where it occurred and I'll fix it.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:18 am

Cinc wrote:Cyb, here you go! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You'll see that it's easy to use, if you want the source code i'll post it later.

EDIT: I tested it couple of times and i couldn't find any errors, but if you happen to find one just tell me where it occurred and I'll fix it.

i made one too... based on elo for chess with some add-on...

xD and today i "waste" 2 hours here:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/details.aspx

Razz Razz
trying to understand the way they do the rank... study it's quite cool, in the end is not rly difficoult... but it doesnt rly fit to babo imo, ofc we can try.

There's online version of the program that can be used to babo (if we change some parameters), link is here:
http://atom.research.microsoft.com/trueskill/rankcalculator.aspx

@ Cinc: i want the code Very Happy
Gerry
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:08 am

Cinc wrote:Cyb, here you go! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks cinc i'll try this out, if you'd like to help ladder team you're welcome.
Anyway this looks like some VB fudge xD , but not sure.

P.S Today i'm out but i guess tomorrow i'll find a couple of hours to work on this and update every stuff.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:37 pm

Yea i made it in VB because it was easy to do (took me about an hour), btw I've recalculated all the rankings, I can send you the rankings file if you don't want to calculate it all again.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:19 pm

That'd be great, you're my new Personal Jesus
Saint Cincillator
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 am

COuld you stop posting matches for the moment ?
we're recalculating it and adding new matches.
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next