European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something!

3 posters

Go down

Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something! Empty Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something!

Post by Devil Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:41 am

Ok, so I'll be guessing that this didn't just happen to me, therefore I'm glad to share with you the little software I used to recover what I had deleted.

It's small and does not require installation, but the best thing about it is that it works in a simple way.

"SoftPerfect File Recovery" - the way it works is simple: - choose the hd your files were stored previously, and input the name of what you're looking for in the search box.
If you don't remember the name, or it is a complete folder, then I suggest you don't write anything in the search box, thus it will do an all together search of everything that has been deleted. After which, you can just order the search result by date and recover what you need.

It has been useful to me, so I'm thinking it may save some tears for some of you as well Wink
Devil
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something! Empty Re: Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something!

Post by cnikshutupforonceXD Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:27 am

OMG I did this once, in the worst place possible. Was trying to delete some old leftover program files in c:/program files folder and I was shift deleting it, but my finger slipped to the "End" button - which meant every folder in Program Files folder was higlighted and shift-deleted (well it was "preparing to delete"). Managed to fix it with system restore XD.
Scary moment in my life. Ever.
cnikshutupforonceXD
cnikshutupforonceXD

Back to top Go down

Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something! Empty Re: Ups! Accidentally shift deleted something!

Post by Gerry Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:31 am

cnikshutupforonceXD wrote:OMG I did this once, in the worst place possible. Was trying to delete some old leftover program files in c:/program files folder and I was shift deleting it, but my finger slipped to the "End" button - which meant every folder in Program Files folder was higlighted and shift-deleted (well it was "preparing to delete"). Managed to fix it with system restore XD.
Scary moment in my life. Ever.

NYYUBBBB!!!! =D well it happened to me also, but not like snake luckily xD

ty Dev
Gerry
Gerry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down