European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chain Gun test period

+16
Martz
Reptillia
stelistu
h8me
fiby
Nath
siggiSLO
Anette
Devil
Frosty
RuBeLL
keta
Adm
Claymore
cmnndr
Cinc
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Cg with 0.14 damage?

Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_lcap50%Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]
Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 11 ]
Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Chain Gun test period - Page 3 Empty Re: Chain Gun test period

Post by cmnndr Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 pm

Claymore you are gay. I will delete you from my friends list on facebook.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:02 pm

varlan wrote:Claymore you are gay. I will delete you from my friends list on facebook.

Anette, please delete this off-topic post.

On topic:

chaingun's kickback can only be restored by downgrading the server to 2.11. That would also remove remote zooka, make shotty the stable version and make the sniper 0.3 unscoped, 0.6 scoped.

However, after playing a bit with the old cg, the kickback is greater and accuracy is pretty lower than the current one. The developers did a mistake in making the cg more smg-like.
So, if the devs made cg more smg-like, we should also lower the damage to match it. For anyone who's having doubts, download the old version of the client, host a server and test the cg.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 pm

Frosty wrote:

Too bad there are not as much Zookas, FTs, SGs, photons and DMGs Smile

u has me dear I love you

about the cg -> don't nerf it. we aren't 1-2 years ago where u would find 2 real squads full and 4 cm's happening..babo is "on vacation" atm , who did the cg hurt except cinc?it's stupid to try to change babo...the cg's been the same for years , why change it now?
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:53 am

varlan wrote:Claymore you are gay. I will delete you from my friends list on facebook.

Don't break my heart bro Sad

The idea of putting back the old recoil... well i don't really know but I kinda feel like it will remove the competitivity that the actual cg has. How do you expect ppl to attack with some huge kickback? Seems retarded, but I'm still up to give it a try during some schoolies / cms.

@ Steli : Actually I saw more and more ppl using cg while playing in DM in rs, and well, they didn't get around the same score as the would have with their original weap. ^^

Claymore
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Old Ballz

Back to top Go down

Post by h8me Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:00 am

Cinc wrote:A fun fact: At this very moment there are 19 votes. In my first post, I told people to come and play cg and give their opinion here. 4 people who played it last 2 days are me, andi, varlan and admi, and I was online most of the time. Let's add 4 people who actually play cg, oxy, mumu, pana and clay. Let's just add around 5 more people who played couple of rs matches against both old and new cg. I'd say that number of people eligible to give their opinion is around 13. And those 13 people include neither frosty, crapper, ketamine, fiby, rubell and nath.

So before you post any more crap from both sides, go and use that cg, or play a smg-vs-cg match with one of the 4 mentioned regular cgs.

Your opinions until then will be ignored.
Ignored... cause let's face it, only 13 people have ever tried a cg with different settings. Lol, Earth to Cinc... get back in touch with reality man
h8me
h8me
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : No thanks

http://www.mazzocco.dk

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:19 am

Cinc wrote:chaingun's kickback can only be restored by downgrading the server to 2.11. That would also remove remote zooka, make shotty the stable version and make the sniper 0.3 unscoped, 0.6 scoped.
There's really no other way ? Sad
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Post by keta Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:05 am

Frosty wrote:
Cinc wrote:chaingun's kickback can only be restored by downgrading the server to 2.11. That would also remove remote zooka, make shotty the stable version and make the sniper 0.3 unscoped, 0.6 scoped.
There's really no other way ? Sad
Moreover, it will not work.

ketamine wrote:Sadly, that's can't be restored. All game logics in babo is client-side, server just sends its settings to client on round start. So CG recoil can't be restored without patching. Well, I can make patched client, which will feature bigger recoil. Who can guarantee that everyone will update? OK, I can make patch for Windows version of server, which will allow only updated clients. Who will update his server? Even more, there are many servers on Linux, but I have no Linux reverse-enginering skills. Who has?

Again, you should downgrade ALL babo сlients to 2.11, or patch 'em to restore recoil, and doing something with server will not work.
keta
keta
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : *w.o.w*

http://baboviolent2.ru

Back to top Go down

Post by RuBeLL Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:17 am

Cinc wrote:And those 13 people include neither frosty, crapper, ketamine, fiby, rubell and nath.
Cinc, ur memory fails.
I played CG for about 4 months when i was in CK and there were the old settings (bigger kickback). It was perfectly balanced, as long as u use it as DEFENCE weapon.
Again, the only way to fix it is to restore the old kickback, even keeping the actual default damage.
In general, i totally agree with my friend Diablo Wink
RuBeLL
RuBeLL
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

http://cillerkrew.110mb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reptillia Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:25 pm

I never played with cg but i think it is not op damage,but accuracy. In general i am always for default settings. If you play against stronger or skilled player you will be stronger in time. Wink
Reptillia
Reptillia
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Joker Element

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Reptillia wrote:If you play against stronger or skilled player you will be stronger in time. Wink

Real man, real answer.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:14 am

Reptillia wrote:I never played with cg but i think it is not op damage,but accuracy. In general i am always for default settings. If you play against stronger or skilled player you will be stronger in time. Wink
I completely agree with this, but with the shitty client updates the DEFAULT setting for the cg was changed. Nobody can deny that. In my previous post I said i dont really want the damage to be lowered, I just want the standard recoil back that was on the old babo clients. Me and Adm tested CG months ago before this all came into the limelight, with cg on newer client if moving diagonally across the screen u can move forward and shoot at the same time with cg. (I could say more but its already been said and cast aside) For me cg was ALWAYS the gun which was STRONG bullet-wise on purpose, to compensate for the kick-back/recoil. Now this has been "removed" as such it changes the weapon and makes it over-powered.

I cant believe people like Varlan are coming here and being so arrogant about the situation. Attacking for example Fibz for stating his opinion, were not in China or South Korea, people can have their views and say them without being criticised. I dont really write long posts on forums but its really stupid. There needs to be an adult situation and a NEW vote on what should be done. Isnt that the whole point of this community forum?

Last edited by Nath on Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Nath
Nath
Sniper Froob
Sniper Froob

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:24 am

Nath wrote:...

Agreed, but the only way kickback could be restored is with a completely new version of babo. We have to work with what we got, and that is damage.

P.S. Babo would be a better place if everyone ignored varlan.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:36 am

Nath wrote:were not in China or South Korea, people can have their views and say them without being criticised. I dont really write long posts on forums but its really stupid. There needs to be an adult situation and a NEW vote on what should be done. Isnt that the whole point of this community forum?

That's exactly why I can say what's on my mind. I could talk about Fibz' total lack of respect towards people whom he doesn't suck on but that would be off topic. So don't expect anything else from my part.
There is no need for any other vote. The adult situation of which you are talking about is to respect the current one. And this forum doesn't express the opinion, in this case, of the whole babo community but of a bunch of people; 23 for that matter. Half of whom don't want the change. What do you want? To make another vote so that the change will be on your side? I who, don't endorse the nerf of CG, will accept the result. However idiotic it may be.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:51 am

This vote can be deemed as failed because of people's somewhat indifferent nature. I wanted ppl to play with both variations of cg before giving an opinion, but it seems rare people can be arsed to do it. Also, because admi returned the settings to normal after 2 days (although i'm to blame for that, i guess), this poll can be considered more as a "We want to test 0.14" against "We don't wanna test anything".

So now I'm asking an admin to make one server a test server for cg (rs1 would be the best option but any CTF server will do), and after 2 weeks of testing I'll write the final poll. The admin who does it can notify me on msn or via pm so that I know when I can put the poll.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:14 am

For me the main problem with this cg thing, is the fact it got changed in the client. I really have no idea why this decision was made, and there is no way to make it fair for people.
You can change the damage to make it more even for those who play with the client with no recoil, but that also means that the people who do have recoil in their client, will now have a huge disadvantage and a cg that is pretty much useless.
If you can force everyone to use the same client, then u can discuss changing the cg, but as it is now I am not sure how fair it is to nerf damage, because some people use a different client.

I might be wrong about this, but the client who have no recoil, also doesn't show colour flames right?
cause then it might even things out a bit ^^
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:30 am

Nope, client with huge recoil is the one without colored flames and nades. But I believe nobody uses it anymore.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:51 am

I changed it back cause there needs to be a poll about the test period itself ("Test gaygun with 0.14 damage? Yes - No")
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 am

Cinc wrote:But I believe nobody uses it anymore.

Some people still do.
Martz
Martz
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by TodY Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:20 am

just delete it and make 1 best babo with the lowest FPS and every1 will download it Very Happy
TodY
TodY
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Reptillia Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:05 pm

I use the old client. ( dunno witch one but when you instal it you have black floor and green walls ) Very Happy
Reptillia
Reptillia
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Joker Element

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:40 pm

Anette wrote:
You can change the damage to make it more even for those who play with the client with no recoil, but that also means that the people who do have recoil in their client, will now have a huge disadvantage and a cg that is pretty much useless.
If you can force everyone to use the same client, then u can discuss changing the cg, but as it is now I am not sure how fair it is to nerf damage, because some people use a different client.

Anette made the most pertinent post so far. I am ashamed I didn't think of the issue at hand like she did before all my, now, useless posts.
You guys say it's better for the community (people who play on rs + people who play on pubs) to nerf the CG. It is not. It is better just for some (some of rs players) because I am sure most pub players and even some who are in a clan use the old one.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Oxy, mumu, pana and clay use the new ones. Other than that, there are no serious cg players. And like i said, priority is to balance out rs, not the pubs.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:00 pm

Cinc you're ridiculous. You don't think of the wellbeing of babo in general and have no consideration for the common player. You just satisfy your proximal needs. Like you did when you were admin.

And all of you talk about balance. I don't see 90% of the people who play cm's using CG -> not op. I DO SEE 90% of players using SMG -> OP. Why is that only 4 players use CG seriously? Because it's op and easy to use, that's why... So spare me the hypocrisy. Spare me the "SMG is the most versatile" etc. You just beat around the bush and deny the truth that speaks louder than any post here and want to reduce to null another weapon that raises some question and doubt in the uberpwnzorsmgplayer. You just suck and it's disappointing to play against you... I'd name names but you're too cowards and lame to face it.

Last edited by varlan on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:55 pm

Lol, you expect the people that use CG to say it's OP? That thought is indeed ridiculous. And even so, Clay - who does play with CG himself - affirmed it's OP, among a couple of other players who used it extensively.

I don't get what's with you and insulting other people when you're trying to make a point but it's beginning to tick me off.
If you're here pretending to think of the wellbeing of babo, then at least pretend all the way and get your head out of your ass, make some concise arguments instead of "you suck" and the likes, and maybe then it will look more like you're giving an opinion for the general good.

That being said, perhaps there are other things that should have been decided before this. As things stand right now, there are people who are playing with the old client, which has different weapons settings and compared to the ones who are playing with the new client they are in disadvantage from the start - of course this mostly counts in Cms. So, Imo if we aim to change anything, first of all we should all be playing on the same client, which means that Rs1 and Squads alike should only allow 1 type of client to play.

Only after that we can talk about changes. Changing anything right now, as An pointed out, would only make things even more unbalanced for the players that use the old client, which is not the point of this thread.

My idea is:
Since Keta has been working on the 2nd Prozac mod, perhaps after he is done we can make everyone update their babo to the client that the mod has, this way everyone will be standing on equal grounds in terms of weapon settings and it will be easier to discuss any future modifications.
So... I wonder if this would be possible. What do you guys think?
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 pm

varlan wrote:Cinc you're ridiculous. You don't think of the wellbeing of babo in general and have no consideration for the common player. You just satisfy your proximal needs. Like you did when you were admin.

You DARE to preach rights for common players, 90 percent of which you treat like garbage and like they're not worthy of your holy presence? Spare us your shit varlan, we all know the sole reason why you are in this discussion is to try and find more victims for your useless blabber. Also, don't talk shit about me being admin. We all know that I got to that position fair and square, and not by kissing crapper's and fireball's ass.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next