European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comments

+17
memento
Zeckett
FireBall
raven
Raptile
king
Anette
h8me
cmnndr
Breaker
Adm
RuBeLL
Devil
Negative
Cinc
Andi
GrenD
21 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Comments - Page 4 Empty Re: Comments

Post by FireBall Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 am

The only recording I see working is cm! vs prof.
FireBall
FireBall
I am a Babo in real life!

http://wsclan.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 am

So... I had to fight two blackouts to get to see the final. But it was worth it. Cool Grendel you're voice is sweet as milk from a moms bosom. Razz Seriously you did a great job organising this tournament, from posting all that's needed on the forum to the live stream (comentary included) and the announcements on various servers about the broadcasting of each match.
The ideea of the tournament was a winner too. It's what babo needs: something quick, intense and fun with no time for dramalama to get in and nibble on players' ego. Keep on keeping on.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:09 am

Thanks guys sunny

Lots of stuff went wrong today, especially with the freaking annoying stream that kept not working or crashing for no reason. Now, the videos dont work for w/e reason, but I hope they will fix themselves somehow - I can't do anything with them since they're on own3ds servers. We can just hope, or otherwise enjoy the cm! vs prof. match many times instead Razz

Well played everyone, hope more teams sign up next time =)

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

https://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:15 am

ggs! What a Face
well organized again drunken
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:15 am

We could've played a 3rd place match xD
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Breaker Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:23 am

yes would be nice Razz

good job to grend and to anette also Smile
Breaker
Breaker
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : wicked SkillZ

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:20 pm

All recorded videos work now Very Happy You can find the links in the Hall of Fame thread in this subsection

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by FireBall Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:31 pm

This was very fun. Looking forward to participating again. When will the next tourney be? Congratulations RU! Many thanks to the Grend/Anette and anyone else who helped!
FireBall
FireBall

http://wsclan.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 am

Hey guys, registration is already open for the next tournament this Sunday 24/4! Need atleast 6 teams to start, hope its not too soon - me and anette are not available the 2 sundays after this one so thats why we decided to do it right away.

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:48 am

Hey Grendel, don't take me wrong, your tourney is awesome, but, ain't it enough? IMO people o BV get bored easly, and having tourneys after tourneys isn't good for the future of the very same tourney. It just becomes a normal thing that happens on Sundays.. Well, just my opinion. I think 1 per month would be enough. 2 tops..

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:50 am

You sure its a good idea making it on Easter?
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:13 am

Admiral Thrawn wrote:You sure its a good idea making it on Easter?

Yea I just realized I can't play :/
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:41 pm

Maybe not, but we dont start without 6 teams anyway. And its not going to run for a while after that anyway

@zeck

I never understood the average babo mentality of "a tournament should only be played once and only occur maybe once a year". CMs dont mean anything, theres no competition in them - any other game would call it "practice games". My ambition from the beginning was to have a weekly tournament, so that clans could complete and actually *win* something - a title, an actual tournament. Now, people dont seem to want to enter their clans and form mix teams instead, but that might change or not it doesnt matter - there are teams that win something atleast.
Once a week, since its only one day, is not that often. In my opinion it is something like this that makes people actually want to get better. But I might be wrong =) and in that case it'll just stop running after a while.

Anyway, I wasnt planning on making it a weekly thing so soon - still dont - but me and anette couldnt do it the 2 sundays after this so it wouldve had to be like a month break if we didnt try one now. And its easter which might be bad timing, but its not a huge issue if the tournament doesnt start! If there arent 6 teams registered on saturday, we simply wait until next time and play again Smile

edit:
oh, and if were lucky maybe the stream and VODs (videos on demand, the recordings) could get some new players interested Very Happy

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by RuBeLL Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:36 pm

GrenD wrote:I never understood the average babo mentality
Cmon dude, it's quite obvious : the average babo mentality is only based on personal EGO. CMs actually mean everything : the best team is the one which never loses a match, the one which owns the others. PPL don't really give a shit about winning "something" like tournaments and competitions because GLORY is the only thing they actually aim to.
And being "champion" for one day (and for a couple of games) is not enough, it doesn't bring enough "glory" to satisfy their egos.
That's the reason why u only had "mixed" teams rather than "real" clans so far, everybody is way too scared by the risk of having their egos hurt by a loss.
Also the reason why i totally agree with Zeck : if u want too keep the fun and nice part of the "event", just try and avoid the "overdose" ... Wink
RuBeLL
RuBeLL
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

http://cillerkrew.110mb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:00 pm

Despite sometimes playing under other names, clans have still played. There have been all-V, all-joker, all-former-nbz (come on, if OTA hasnt played a lot together under whatever name what is a "clan"), Professors, all-exIns in the tourneys. I think that we havent seen many teams entering under a clanname mainly because these clans don't only consist of the 3 or 4 people playing in the tournament, so they dont want to take the entire name for themselves. This doesn't really matter.

I also don't agree with your EGO mentality. It's fairly simple.. winning tournament would give more EGO boost than any single-match win if they were only a natural reoccuring part of competetive babo. Your argument that people dont care about being best for the day doesn't count anymore if the tournaments actually run fairly often - then, winning a tournament will not only win you a match versus one team, it wins you a tournament over all the teams who participated. If you win the tournament 4 times in a row, you are undoubtedly the best team at the time - if anyone disputes it, just tell them to come beat you in the tournament on sunday. Maybe people are afraid of these rankings that arrive from such a tournament, because all teams like to think theyre the best. Time to buckle up and deal with not finishing first everytime. It's not gonna be a big deal if you get another chance next week. There needs to be some suspense here! Come on, all real succesful competetive games have regular tournaments or atleast some sort of ladder system. Collecting winning screenshots gets kinda dull after a while Wink

I could probably do as you say and just host the tournament seldom and have it be another lame thingy that nobody really cares about. But since I'm really trying to change a little what babo players prioritize to win in and think matters, and provide something that's intense, fun, and something to strive towards (winning that tourney), I will proceed with my original intention and if it fails, then atleast I have tried.

Now, I realise the tournament on sunday might not start cause its easter though - thats understandable Razz But I have hopes =) so... sign up for this sunday!

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

Am I the only person here that gets EGO boost after a loss? XD
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Grend&Ann you're unbelievable! You can manage the Easter Bunny and the One Day Tournament in the same fkn sunday Surprised Not to mention Jesus. Btw, you heard? He has risen!
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:16 pm

Cinc wrote:Am I the only person here that gets EGO boost after a loss? XD

fuckin egoist
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:41 pm

varlan wrote:Ann you're unbelievable!
ty Cool

If not enough sign up it just won't be held sunday, it's that simple. We just wanted to give people the option. Wink
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 am

Anette wrote:
varlan wrote:Ann you're unbelievable!
ty Cool

Don't take things out of context missy whipped It would be a shame now that, I decided to take part to this, not to be held :/
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 am

Alright guys we're back :p Hope to get enough signups for the tournament to run =)

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:54 am

GO! GO! GO!
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.