European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

+20
Malin
Luna
Baboow
GrenD
Frosty
bynk
Neo
Devil
Geronimo
Adm
Claymore
Zakh
Sasha
raven
cmnndr
stelistu
Zeckett
Gloom
RuBeLL
Cinc
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Frosty Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Odd indeed !
I tried to increase contrast to remove the kind of pixel stairs on the borderlines like Varlan had, but it only reduced their size.

Using the same tool as in paint (the "paint pot" ? well, the tool that fills in a whole country in one color), but in photoshop, it works lol :
Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Blankeuropemap25

I might have a deeper look at it to solve it this week-end, if noone does pig

Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Empty Re: Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom

Post by Gloom Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:34 pm

varlan wrote:That's odd. This is how it looks after I filled each country in paint.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Blankeuropemapx

Hmmm. One layer per country might do. I'll try. I guess you're too lazy to do it. Very Happy

Varlan now try to change the filled in colours to symulate 1 country being captured by enemy team- see what I'm talking about? I want the map edited so I can change the colours multiple times thx in advance Smile

@ Frosty I thought You might be the right person to do that just mind that 2 other folks with starting letters "C" prommised to do that and then never made it. Hope You will succed where others failed Wink
Gloom
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Gloom wrote:Varlan now try to change the filled in colours to symulate 1 country being captured by enemy team- see what I'm talking about? I want the map edited so I can change the colours multiple times thx in advance Smile

Yea that's what I noticed after the post. LOL. But it can be solved without the use of layers. I think. Very Happy I'll dig on it. Wink

*edit*

Ye it can be done without layers. I will do it tomorow asap.
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:28 pm

I want to play in this

king approved by grendel

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

https://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:10 am

Okay.

I re-downloaded the map Cinc used.
It was in GIF format.

I redefined the territories as Cinc did (erased principalities, turned some countries in a group of countries like Benelux), except for one place where I made 2 territories instead of 1 (I don't think my delimitation has any historic meaning, but it makes 1 more place to fight, and in the game RISK, territories are also a bit weird).
This map is easily fillable, as you can see, I filled in Grey the country that Cinc did not use in his map.

However, when I did save this map in JPEG or BMP, and tried to fill in a country again, I had the same shit as Var again.
So I hope you don't mind if it's a GIF file, check if you can easily edit my map.
If you can't, I will try to work deeper on it.

P.S. : I realize now that I did not add the links between UK and Ireland and other Islands to France, etc... as Cinc did. I think you can do it yourself Wink

Tell me if it's OK or not, but I think it should Smile

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Rbtblank

Maybe we should add the names of the CTF maps directly on the countries to make them clear for everyone.

Also, the little islands that are not territories themselves, but parts of other countries could be erased, so that the control of the different lands are clear too, during the tourney.

Or, second possibility, they could be 2v2-sized maps like DM-Bubble or CTF-MiniEpic.
It would add diversity to the fights, adding 3v3's on very small maps alien
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:43 am

Hey Frosty thank You very much for such a quick feedback! cheers I will test the map and think about Your suggestions this evening, I'm offline till then.

Regards. Smile
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:26 am

Gj Frosty. It works fine. Smile
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zakh Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:16 am

Okay, thanks to my amazing experience of risk and other strategy games, I tried to give you an idea for the begenning of the game, to get fair situtations to start.

I did it for 6 teams (but it can be easily changed)

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Mini_110122020840505560

I proposed special connections too between islands :

Iceland <-> Norway
Iceland <-> England
England <-> Norway
England <-> Ireland
England <-> Benelux
England <-> France
Italia <-> Grece

Otherwise, for little islands :
Malta is part of Spain
Corsica is part of France
Sicilia and Sardania are part of Italian
Crete is part of Grece

Each team start with 4 countries except cyan (5 countries) because they are in the middle.
Each team can at the begenning be attacked by 3 other teams (except Eastern Europe, brown, and South East Europe, pink, that's why I propose to include Georgia into Russian just to get it fairer).

That's all I had to propose to you ! :p

Zakh
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:23 am

Zakh wrote:Each team can at the begenning be attacked by 3 other teams (except Eastern Europe, brown, and South East Europe, pink, that's why I propose to include Georgia into Russian just to get it fairer)

This definetely is a good idea. Whatever the number of teams playing.

But maybe you can just randomly assign the countries, as in Risk original version.
For example here, in Zakh's example, if Dark Blue loses France, then they won't stand a lot of choice for further attacks Rolling Eyes
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Alright everything works after I start using paint.net.Thx again for that Smile .

About the map itself, Russia and Turkey will be removed, small islands won't be used as 2vs2 in first season because I simply want to test tournament idea if it works I will add more stuff like diplomacy ( I already have an idea how alliances could work...).

About teams territory will be randomized althou I was thinking about another completly different solution that: each team starts only with 1 territory and can capture neutral territories that could be defended by random ppl available on rs at the moment, and only after team captures 3 territories they can attack enemy territories - too complicated atm I guess.

About team number I was thinking about 4 teams with ppl in babo nowadays that can't even finish one damn schooly I doubt we will find more then 4 active teams...

EDIT:
This how should the map look like I think.

Babo Risk Tournament - Idea by Gloom - Page 3 Rbtblank1

What I need now is 25 map ideas for each country.
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboow Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:01 pm

Gloom wrote: Russia and Turkey will be removed,
pff Surprised

Baboow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:09 pm

Baboow wrote:
pff Surprised
I knew You would say sth about it ^^ but tell You what if Season 1 will finish and succed we will add Turkey. hug ?
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:24 pm

fudge hugs, we are men! Razz Btw, you missed to grey out the balkanic part of Turkey. Razz
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:25 pm

You could put 20 maps as the already used and old boring ones and make a contest for 5 new maps to give map makers a chance to promote themselves Razz

Okay now suggestions: (In no particular assignment order)

10 3v3s:
Rawr, Brutus, Cornered, Slant, BadIdea, Thorns, Bites, Field, Energy, CobbleStone

10 4v4s
Mollusk, Spire, Plaza, RainSeason, Gyre, Crazy, Constrictor, Baltic, Daivuk, Razer

+5 maps from the contest, which should be 3v3 pirat
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Baboow Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 pm

Gloom wrote:
Baboow wrote:
pff Surprised
I knew You would say sth about it ^^ but tell You what if Season 1 will finish and succed we will add Turkey. hug ?
does that trick work on anyone? xD hug anyway ^^

varlan wrote:fudge hugs, we are men! Razz Btw, you missed to grey out the balkanic part of Turkey. Razz
ye dont try to divide my country emperialist scum!!! Razz

Baboow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luna Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Imo 15 3v3 maps and 5 4v4 maps would be better and easier to play for clans.

5 more 3v3 maps :

CTF-Numb
CTF-Ellipse
CTF-Sleight
CTF-Crustacean
CTF-Bunker
Luna
Luna
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Wtf is a clan ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:17 pm

1. CobbleStone 3v3
2. *New map* 3v3
3. Ellipse 3v3
4. Crazy 4v4
5. *New map* 3v3
6. BadIdea 3v3
7. Field 3v3
8. Thorns 3v3
9. *New map* 3v3
10. Rawr 3v3
11. Cornered 3v3
12. Razer 4v4
13. Plaza 4v4
14. Mollusk 4v4
15. Brutus 3v3
16. RainSeason 4v4
17. Slant 3v3
18. Crustacean 3v3
19. *New map* 3v3
20. Bites 3v3
21. Energy 3v3
22. *Nem map* 3v3
23. Gyre 4v4
24. Daivuk 4v4
25. Zone 3v3

Wanted a 25 map suggestion, here you go Smile

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:16 am

Might also be the occasion to bring back from old and dirty attic maps that used to be played but that are not anymore.

I was thinking about CTF-Quake from Pushkin, but maybe that Gloom knows others from the "star" clan period.
CTF-Baltic for 3v3 (+ the name is related to some place in the map affraid)
CTF-Eaves 4v4

I agree about not choosing too many 4v4 maps, 4v4s cm's occur rarely nowadays.

Idea of new maps from a map contest are good, but you could also have a look at the actual created maps section. There are nice unplayed maps over there, which could be used here. Zeck's latest map is already one. How many left in the other topics ? Worth a shot Smile

(and nope Gloom about the map Wink)
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 am

How many territories will be 4v4?
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:27 am

@ Frosty - I was forced to add that it was Anette idea to ask You about making the map.

(happy now?)
Gloom
Gloom

Back to top Go down

Post by Frosty Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 am

Hahahaha Anette has a high persuasion power Razz
Frosty
Frosty
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Claymore Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:19 pm

Yep. Over 9000!

Claymore
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Old Ballz

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:55 pm

Claymore wrote:Yep. Over 9000!

Hahahahaha
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Malin Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:28 am

Cinc wrote:

Hahahahaha

Yep, spam ^^
Malin
Malin
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:12 pm

Gloom wrote:@ Frosty - I was forced to add that it was Anette idea to ask You about making the map.

(happy now?)
well.. happier.

No idea what that means, but since cinc likes it its probably some pokemon/digimon/whatever reference.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next