European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Show your city

+35
megaextralight
Riku
RealJoker
Andi
Silla!
Hellios
VelveT.
Iron
Geronimo
nemo
Zeckett
Voevoda
FireBall
Frosty
Sunny
GrenD
cnikshutupforonceXD
Mnk
Nath
settorex
cmnndr
MissSunShine
Cyber
Uziz
Adm
Kai
dad0
stelistu
DavyJones
Gerry
Unreal
Cinc
fuazi
Sasha
Anette
39 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Show your city Empty Show your city

Post by Anette Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:49 am

Saw this kind of thread on another forum, and thought it could be interesting to do here also. Is basically you show a few pictures of the city you are from. I'll start Wink

As you all may or may not know, I am from Odense in Denmark.
First picture is surprisingly enough a picture of Copenhagen.
Just kidding "ha-ha" is ofc Odense as seen from above:
Show your city Odense10

This is our town hall where the politicians in Odense spend their time making all the wrong decisions:
Show your city News2810

There is a castle called "Odense Castle"
Show your city 23_70010
The green area in-front of it is a park called "The kings garden", it is pretty cool. It has these small talking "domes" on the ground. Always a good way to freak out the kiddies the first time they see them.

Odense Zoo is fairly popular among tourists here is a picture from inside the zoo:
Show your city Potal_10

And one of the animals the zoo is most popular because of, is this pretty female sea-cow called Henriette:
Show your city 61299810
She is a beauty isn't she? I love you

Odense is most famous for this author called Hans Christian Anderson. Some of you may have heard of him. He wrote fairy tales like The Ugly Ducking (that is right, it is not written by Disney Surprised )and The little mermaid (I know.. not Disney's either Shocked )Which ofc means his house (the yellow one) is somewhat of a tourist attraction:
Show your city Julmar10
It is about as exciting inside as it looks from the outside.
However you can see the old times Danish snooping mirror on the building to the left. This works so you can sit in your living room and just look at the mirror to see what the people on the street are doing. I think this was from before television.

So because of Hans Christian Anderson we do have a lot of statues with his fairy tales around the city. This one is from a not-so-known fairytale called "The Darning-Needle" and it is right in the middle of Odense shopping part of the city.
During summer there are always giggling Japanese taking pictures of each other in-front of it. Why that is I have no idea. Show your city Mvc-3110

Oh yeah.. Not to forget, thanks to our Swedish brothers.. Odense now also is the proud of owner of the biggest Ikea in Scandinavia. I haven't been there yet but I have been told that inside it is like a maze, and you need to go through it all to get out again. There are no short-cuts.. and it will take you about an hour to get out. However they have made a cafeteria and the food is supposedly cheap, not sure if that is because you only get the ingredients of the burger and have to assemble it yourself. Probably added the cafeteria so people don't die of starvation before they find the exit.
So thank you Sweden for this huge blue/yellow block of cement hell. I love it!
Show your city Pb040110

There are ofc a lot more to Odense than this, but I think this is enough. Hope some of you will show ur city Wink
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Show your city Empty Re: Show your city

Post by Sasha Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:30 pm

Hey guys, support the idea, (and the movies thread)
and challenge yourself, go picture your city yourself before posting Smile
( you gonna be jealous for the weather )
I'll take images during the week Smile

For double interest, go ask passer-bys to photo yourself on the background of your city Smile
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

its great.
i promise to make the same one for Kiev when i have time.
btw, where are the photos of the author in her city? Smile
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Love the idea! So here's my little town.

So, I'm from Ston, Croatia, small town with cca. 1000 population.
Here's a pic from the top of the hill (I've been there couple of times, takes a long time to climb but the view is magnificent):

Show your city 21240386

The town is surrounded by 5 km long city walls which also link Ston and Mali Ston ("Little Ston").
Show your city 15561010
This is the largest fort, Kastio (which litterary means Castle), which is now a place where many cultural shows are held (my band played there once, in front of 500 people Very Happy):
Show your city 28802803

Here's the church of St. Nicholas, the only church still standing. Two other great churches, St. Blaise and St. Liberan, were badly damaged in the earthquake of 1996. and the repairs are still ongoing.
Show your city 10721434

This building here is called "The County Hall", the mayor resides there and it also has spaces and offices for any purpose (there you can find the library, the marching band rehearsals, even my band has a space there instead of some garage Smile)
Show your city 32168986

Another thing Ston is renowned for are the Saltworks, I belive there are some sources that state that it's one of the oldest on the Mediterranean Sea, but I really don't know. Anyway, it surely is one of the most important in Croatia, as it's been a great source of funds even since the middle-ages.
Show your city 16140384

Couldn't find many more things since it's not a big city, so here's a pic of my street:
Show your city 14695315

My house is up there, the one with the purple-blooming tree in front of it, , so if someone ever comes looking for me, you can't miss it Wink.
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:47 pm

Croatia is soooo lovely Smile
I'd come to visit once.
I'm just wondering do you have women there ? Smile
And internet lol Smile It's like a kibutz
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:56 pm

rofl at the statue in anette's picture Very Happy
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Unreal wrote:rofl at the statue in anette's picture Very Happy

+1
Gerry
Gerry
I am a Babo in real life!

Back to top Go down

Post by DavyJones Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 pm

Im living in Poland - Tychy. Its not big city - 133 000 residents. Not so beatifull like Cincs town, but have some nice places, and i wanna to show some to U Smile

Specview of my town Razz
Show your city N4yyxh

This is Duke Brewery, one of the oldest [1629] brewery in Poland, and as i know the biggest in Europe Smile Its produces many types of beer but most popular is Tyskie.
Show your city 50mdmr

And we have own pyramide Very Happy this is spa wellnes hotel where polish football and other representations makes training camps.
Show your city 4ilpqh

This is Paprocany lake, near my town [when weather is good i like run there by the forests surrounding Tychy and this lake]
Show your city 116s8wk

This is most beatifull church in my town [we have many churches here] Saint Karolina.
Show your city 90azdh

Also we have here Fiat factory, one of the biggest in Europe.
Show your city 24eri8i

And this is Promnice Duke Castle. Its localized over Paprocany Lake, and i think this is the oldest building in my Town. Now exclusive hotel.
Show your city 2n66ufo

I hope that someones of U wanna visit this town after watching this photos Smile

Cheers!!
DavyJones
DavyJones
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Clanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Heh nice town to live in, davy. On the aerial photo i don't see any skyscrappers or heavy industiral buildings, and the entire town is surrounded by endless green. Only thing I'd miss is the sea (or do you have that somewhere near? Smile )
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:38 am

Well since i`m from Romania i tought i`d show u some things ..Very Happy
I live in Otopeni , it`s a small city near Bucharest and since we are very very near(1 mile or 2) and i didn`t found many things about my city i will show u Bucharest:

This is the Parliament were our parleys (i hope i said it right Very Happy) make laws and sometimes even have a nap (why not , they work so hard

Show your city Bucuresti-big1

This is the Parliament during the evening , not bad Razz

Show your city Parlament-bucuresti1

This is the opera were famous people sing(don`t know , don`t care , don`t ask) xD never been there but it looks great...

Show your city Bucuresti-opera-house1

This is the Arc of Thriumph , it`s near the Parliament

Show your city Bucuresti-arcul-de-triumf1

the city is actually very big and it has lot`s of interesting places but hey , can`t show all:P
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : InFlamous

Back to top Go down

Post by dad0 Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:08 am

Awesome city Hakstock.

Here's mine, i live in that crane.

Show your city Celje-034

dad0
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by fuazi Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 am

how many times did you fall from it, dado?
fuazi
fuazi
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : sex, violence, and good mood

Back to top Go down

Post by DavyJones Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 am

nah Cinc... from my town to sea is 700 km, to first moutains 60 km Smile but as i write, we have quite big lake Smile and yea its not a city with tower buildings and almoust all factories are aloof the city.
DavyJones
DavyJones
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Unreal Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:27 am

your parliment building was in top gear steli Very Happy they were driving in the tunnels underneath it.
Unreal
Unreal
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

http://celticfc.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

yes i know , and the 2 dudes who present it drived in romania also in ''Transfagarasan'' it`s some kind of mountain road , very cool xD , u like the parliament?Razz
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:43 am

wo

Last edited by Kai on Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Kai
Kai
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Uc

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Odense looks cool. Smile
Btw, Debrecen, 2nd biggest town of Hungary:

Part of the town from above:
Show your city Debrec10

'Golden Bull hotel':
Show your city Debrec11

A few pictures of Universitiy of Debrecen:
Show your city Debrec12

Show your city Debrec13

Show your city Debrec14

'Kölcsey Convention Centre'
Show your city Debrec15

County House:
Show your city Debrec16

'Déri Museum'
Show your city Debrec17

'Great Church':
Show your city Debrec18

'Stumpy Church'
Show your city Debrec19

Trams are my favourite What a Face:
Show your city Debrec20
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kai Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

wtf is your university :O
Kai
Kai
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Uc

Back to top Go down

Post by Uziz Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:50 am

As you know i'm french, and i'm living at Saint-Malo, nice city with her "old town" most known as "Saint-Malo Intra-muros". At Saint-Malo there is 50 000 citizens and during the summer there is 200 000 tourists ^^.
i'm living neer the old town

Show your city Saint-10

Inside "Saint-Malo Intra-muros" :

Show your city Saint-10

Old town was reconstructed after the second world war. just fortification stay unbroken.

behind the old town :

Show your city Ouests10

The tides of the Bay of St. Malo are among the tallest in Europe. and sometimes when the sea is up, there is storm in the same time, this phenomenon produce high waves, tourists must be careful ^^

Show your city Ports-11

Show your city Mer-de10

St-Malo (bird’s eye view)
numbers are in order of previous pics

Show your city Dzdz10
Uziz
Uziz
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyber Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Nice initiative, anyway as some do i come from a small city placed on the middle of Italy, close to the 'Riviera Romagnola', few kilometres.
However, it's called Fermignano and it has 8.000 people.
To be honest, it's a sucky place to live on. Anyway, i think i better stop talking and add some pics.

Show your city FotocascR
That's the Roman tower under snow, which is situated at the end of the principal shopping road which connects the centre with the tower.

Show your city PALIO
That's a funny stuff which happens once every year, and it's called like Frogs-Race can't be translated literally anyway it's 'Palio della Rana' on my own language.
There are four different teams from the local quarters, mine is the light-blue and white one, which take part to the tournaments. Moreover during this there are plenty of stands within' the most various italian typical foods. Each team owns a personal stand where the whole team and some other people use to get drunk lol.

My city is really small, and so i guess i may show you some pics of the nearness.

Show your city Hotel%20International%20itinerari%20Urbino
That's Urbino the city i go school on, and it's a very important artistic destination to visit.
There are cool pubs where you can have fun most of the days but mostly during the University Night (Friday) and Saturday Night.

The last thing i'm willing to show at the moment is the 'Riviera Romagnola' during the summer party called 'Pink Night' wheres everything is pink even most of the clothes you see around and everything else, not me lol i was not..Show your city Notte_rosa
The party is held on the whole lenght of this stretch of coast, within' the most famous Djs and some live concerts.
Show your city Notte_rosa
Show your city Notte_rosa_riccione1Show your city 4
Cyber
Cyber

Back to top Go down

Post by DavyJones Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:17 am

uuu najs bejbis cybek Very Happy
DavyJones
DavyJones
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Show your city Empty My Place :D

Post by MissSunShine Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:58 am

Well, there is just too many pictures I would post here but I think this video sums it up Very Happy
" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30FLs615RBg "
Welcome to Bosnia and Herzegovina I love you
P.S. The modern part of my city is not rly recorded but we got it all Smile
MissSunShine
MissSunShine
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:25 pm

Cyber wrote:
Show your city Notte_rosa

Look at all these feet and legs. cyclops
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Brasov,Romania.City of the mountains,valley of death,cool summers - not so cool lately Rolling Eyes - ,fckin cold winters - not so fckin cold lately Rolling Eyes -.Brasov it's an average size city ~300.000 peeps dwel in it.I'd kill most of them since they're so fckin idiots and I'd start with me.
Hm...The best part is that Brasov is surrounded with mountains -> vegetation is up to it's neck in it.Besides this the city is in the middle of the country so you can get fast to the seaside.As fast as you reach Thrawny's Debrecen.This works out well in the N-S axis,giving me the same time to get to Esperanza or Ifka to stalk them.Enough shit from a tired one.Check below you fags!

Show your city 800px-Brasov_view_from_the_top_of_the_hill

Since Brasov is a city that has been founded in the middle ages,actually this year we cellebrate 775 years of existence,an old part of the city it's a must.You can see it above. :yawn:

The pic is taken from the top of the Tampa Mountain(976 or smth m).The little mountain is right in the middle of the city,with the old part to the NW and a neighborhood with post '70 apartment buildings to the SE.You can see the whole dumbass mountain down here.

Show your city 793px-Romania_brasov

And yes,we have a Hollywood copy-cat sign.Pretty nifty ha?Moving on.

Show your city 800px-Brasov_at_Night_-_Panorama2

This is a night panorama of Brasov,taken from the bellvue point on the road up to Poiana Brasov,famous European ski resort.Or at least it used to be... Rolling Eyes
Poiana Brasov is only 12 km from Brasov,so fcuk yeah come here and ski in winter-spring.

You like churches?Then you'll love this one.

Show your city Brasov_The_Black_Church

Show your city Biserica_neagra_1

The Black Church,named like this after it's walls became during the great fire of 1689.She survived but with scars.Dark scars.Initially she was white.Eh back in teh dayz....

Show your city Centru_bv

Pictured above its The Council Square where peeps and young hotties come to fcuk around during summer and warmer days of the apocalypse and OFC The Council Buidling or w/e.

What more to show you fcukers...Hmmm.Since the forest is almost everywhere near to the city,idiot ppl film idiot bears comming to town to stalk young pussy or eat biscuits from idiot filming crew.Nobody loves them really,they just like to show off.

Idiot ppl filiming idiot bears

As you can well see the vid is almost 6 years old so the poor bear might be dead.R.I.P. mr bear. Sad but the fcukres are still living.Need to do smth about that.Hmmm.
What I wanted to say is that recently the bears cooled off with their night strolling in the city and wolves came...Oh noez.Fortunately and unfortunatelly for some I live far from the forest so they ain't got nothin' on me. Evil or Very Mad

Another view of the old part of the city - this time in FULL MOTION -

VIEW OF BRASOV IN FULL MOTION hd not included

Winter is sooooooooo fcukin cool here!Too bad I don't like it.

Show your city Tampa_2004

Some web cams for you all e-fapfreaks.

Live webcams of Brasov

Hmmmm thats about all for now...I'm too tired to post pics made by me.I'll come back laterz and even if you don't realise it I love my city and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Wink

I love you

FCUK you all.

P.S. Out of all cities I like best Kai's dwelling.I'd like to live there.WHAT ?! YOU SAID " wouldn't want to live anywhere else" !
Well...FCUK YOU TOO!
GN or GD
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by stelistu Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:50 pm

var <3 , 2 words : romanians pwn ! xD & nice city , i visited it a few times & must say it looks good Razz
stelistu
stelistu
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next