European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help

+2
Adm
Ryahn
6 posters

Go down

F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help Empty F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help

Post by Ryahn Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:11 pm

F4F aka Fight4Frag is getting around to starting up a small tournament for BV2. I will try and get a ustream or something similar to stream the matches. But I really need to help with an incentive or prize that could be given to the winner or winning team. Don't make it something crazy as F4F has just started up and doesn't have much money to throw around. So you as the player, I would like your input.

Visit the ventrilo if you want to have a one on one discussion with me or Jmainguy - IP: vent.ventrilox.com Port 4936

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Clan : F4F

Back to top Go down

F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help Empty Re: F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help

Post by Ryahn Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:58 pm

There was one suggestion

No nuke, photon, or flamethrower

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help Empty Re: F4F:BV2 Tournament Incentives/Prizes Help

Post by Adm Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:53 pm

Ryahn wrote:

No flamethrower

Why's that? In Europe it's a completely legit weapon.
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : Insomnia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryahn Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 pm

From what I was told it was OP. But I am willing to change rules for each nation NA/EU. But if I cant get enough players, it will end up being EU vs NA or mixed

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:57 pm

In NA it has bigger range than in EU. It might be OP there, but here it is certainly not.
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryahn Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:59 pm

hmm, that is weird. I may have to get the values on that to fix that.

Also is there a Teamspeak 3 or Ventrilo that all the EU BV2 players hang on?

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adm Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:06 am

Although I'm not sure, I think if people use any communicator programmes, then it's TS2. It isn't widely used anyway.
Adm
Adm
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:08 am

Im not sure there are ppl who "hang" 1 specific place, I know joey hosted something but not sure if it's still used.
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryahn Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:18 am

Ah, I have a Ventrilo server I use. I do have a EU server that I can setup back up for babo users. I can also setup a Teamspeak 3 if users dont want ventrilo

EDIT: It would be nice to be able to talk to EU users more in person. Make setting up this tournament must easier.

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:05 am

Hey,

Props for trying to make the community more competitive Smile, but vent or TS servers are not so crowded in EU prolly because we each have different native language and even thou english is our common platform of communication, I'm not sure that everyone are comfortable speaking in english lang.
As for the price money I think that any price could attract teams to sign up because at least the victory would be meaningful.
I suggest staying in touch with EU admins to work out the rules of tournament

Best Regards.
Gloom
Gloom
I am a Babo in real life!
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:05 am

This looks sweet! I'm glad there's finally talk of something more serious.

I was probably the last person to host a few tournaments in EU, so we should talk. It's probably easiest if you add me on msn, mkorlinge@hotmail.com so I know when to join vent with you. Skype works too but then it's better if you pm me your nick.

my stuff:
https://eurobabo.forumotion.com/f6-one-day-babo-tournament-over
http://www.own3d.tv/video/109036/17_4_OD_Babo_Tournament_1_2__OTA_vs_cm_

Smile

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

https://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:24 am

GrenD wrote:I was probably the last person to host a few tournaments in EU

Actually it was me who organized last couple of tournaments (though Joust season 2 never started Razz)
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by GrenD Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:26 am

I meant the type of tournaments we are talking about here, where teams play 3on3+, not just 1on1s

GrenD
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : oo

https://www.youtube.com/user/babocast

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryahn Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:43 am

Gloom wrote:Hey,

Props for trying to make the community more competitive Smile, but vent or TS servers are not so crowded in EU prolly because we each have different native language and even thou english is our common platform of communication, I'm not sure that everyone are comfortable speaking in english lang.
As for the price money I think that any price could attract teams to sign up because at least the victory would be meaningful.
I suggest staying in touch with EU admins to work out the rules of tournament

Best Regards.

TS/Vent: I completely understand the issue about you all speaking different languages. The reason why I have Vent/TS is for more communications, team work, getting info out faster and helping with issues. I own a public ventrilo server that has been up for years and have people from all over talking with one another. Sure their accents might be heavy but there is a chat for that.

Money/Prize: I dont which it will be but if its in a form of money. It will be a gift card or $100 or less. Prizes are $100 or less if they are presented. This is because since F4F is just starting and most of it is out of pocket.

GrenD wrote:This looks sweet! I'm glad there's finally talk of something more serious.

I was probably the last person to host a few tournaments in EU, so we should talk. It's probably easiest if you add me on msn, mkorlinge at hotmail dot com so I know when to join vent with you. Skype works too but then it's better if you pm me your nick.

I will add you when I get off work today. I am in Hawaii which is -12 hours behind Netherlands (Just for reference).

Ryahn
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down