European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sound Experience

4 posters

Go down

Sound Experience Empty Sound Experience

Post by raven Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Think in a movie...

Just any movie, that you like, one that you remember the story. Now imagine, how it would be, if you would feel inside that movie, if you were the vilain, the hero, the main character would be you, the movie spectators.

It would be just great, you would feel the story, you would pay more attention, you would react to each noise, each movement, etc...This video can turn that into reality!

It's not exactly a movie, let's just say it's a demonstration of how this amazing sound experience can take us "inside the movie"

Before you see this (in this particularly case, don't read it, just listen to it) video, you should follow some instructions:

* Use Some Stereo Headphones
* Turn off everything that can make some external noise
* Put the Volume in the max
* Before you click in play, relax for a minute..
* While you watch the video, never open your eyes, I repeat NEVER open your damn eyes !!! clown

Then enjoy the experience... silent

raven
raven
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Sound Experience Empty Re: Sound Experience

Post by Pirate Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 am

NO SHII- I LOVE MY HAI...! O wait, its still there... Phew!

I kinda rofled at the bag. Very Happy

But seriously, it worked. I bet they already use this in some massage techniques or something. I kind of got the idea of reading a movie... if that makes any sense... Shocked Like, in books, they leave the image for your mind to fill in. In movies, they fill that part in already, but show it from an entirely difrent angle than in most books. movie-audiobook crossover maybe?

Anyway, I liked it, and would probably like stories/plots to be given out like that. Imagine urself, lying in bed o.O, watching movies with your brains. I like the concept Smile
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:24 am

haha, ye it looks too f*****' real Razz

It would be just great, it would bring 'life' to books, specially in my case that I'm not that much of a fan of reading Rolling Eyes but that's just me, still I know there are more thinking like that out there and possibly for those who don't like to read it would stimulate their imagination differently from others, can be a great idea Surprised

and not only that, it would bring many different sensations to people while watching movies or like you said, reading books..Think About Creative Or who will master the sound effects from now on tongue
raven
raven

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:44 am

It would bring life to books? Lol... books are full of life if you have some imagination, you should try it Rav Wink

This is more like it would bring some more reasons to be lazy.
"What I have to actually read across a page over and over from left to right? Nah, better yet I'll just close my eyes and hear the book, and hey, maybe if I can get some sleep meanwhile, it would be great!"

This is a great technology, but nothing can replace the feeling of reading a good book. Besides... reading is good for a number of things: grammar, concentrating, improving your imagination...c'mon people, laziness is ignorance's ugly sister!
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:49 pm

Some people just don't like books, including me... There have been a very small amount of books i actually liked...1 or 2, and im still searching for the number 3 on my list. And yet, I don't dare to read them again. Sure, I tried audiobooks, they were a better experience than the actual book, and I enjoyed them. Still, this is difrent and I like the kind of experience I get from this kind of audio use. My imagination is outstanding, and hasn't been impared by the lack of books I didn't read (I daydream most of the day, I like that). My grammar seems to be ok, and I don't have troubles concentrating. Maybe I'm just one of those exceptions, I dont know...

In MY oppinion, books suck... I'm now reading Essential Cell Biology, and I like this book for some reason. But in novels? I've never really been able to find myself in those books (including audiobooks). I guess we all like different media/entertainment, and lets leave it at that (maybe it's a good thing?). Smile

So to get off the books vs audiobooks vs movies vs w/e thing, and lets say they are all difrent, have their own advantages and disadvantages. It's just a matter of prefference I think.

I think it's cool to have somekind of new media ~ Audiomovie, ofcourse this is just one scene... But I'd like to see some more experimenting with it.
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:19 am

this is sooooo sick
And Pir's idea is just a new niche and source for entertainment.
Btw, what books did ya like ?
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirate Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:40 pm

I kind of forgot the names... I guess they weren't that interesting >.< Though I did like the tolkien books, but only did those in audiobook format. At the moment I'm still searching for waterworld by Max Allan Collins. It's the book the movie was made of. The movie is somewhat of a love it hate it movie. Some like it, some dont. I like the entire concept of it, though there are some things that just don't fit, thats why I want the book. In the hope it will add more to the concept, and fill up some holes in the plot.

As for other books I read, 14 books in total. Of which 12 where Dutch literature, obviously they all suck. I read the strange case of dr. Jackyll and mr. Hyde, which was interesting, though not worthy of repeat. And another one I don't remember at all, I just know I read another. Neutral
Pirate
Pirate
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:34 pm

Try Wizards First Rule from Terry Goodkind, you might like it, if you've liked Tolkien.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : &#9658;

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:09 pm

Just Crazy !!! Smile
raven
raven