European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows 7 and lag

3 posters

Go down

Windows 7 and lag Empty Windows 7 and lag

Post by Crapper Sun Dec 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Ok so, I've started using Windows 7 seeing as more and more ppl have started using that OS. While it's way better than Vista would ever have a chance to become IMHO XP is the only system that has no problems when it comes to gaming. The reason for installing Windows 7 myself is that I fix/repair/build PCs for ppl and that's the OS of choice now, so to keep up with it, I've also installed it myself.
Now, more and more ppl have had problems with lag-spikes whether they're on WiFi or a wired connection.
Try wlanoptomizer (for wifi problems), Pirate made a post about that one.
Try: Start> Run> services.msc, find "multimedia class scheduler" and disable it (or from registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Audiosrv DependOnService remove mmcs) BEWARE, REMOVING THIS MAY ALSO DISABLE YOUR SOUNDCARD
Lastly, you can try Start> Control Panel> Network and Sharing Center. Where it says "Connections" Local Area Connection should be written in blue. Klick it, klick "properties" and disable "Internet Protocol Version 6(TCP/IPv6) - Why? you ask. Well, for me, it's because I have an old router and it doesn't support v6 of the TCP/IP so I disabled it. Some of you may find firmware upgrades for your routers but for me and the ones I've built PCs for so far we had no such luck (For some I could find new firmware but their ISP won't support their connection if it's not their firmware on the router so it amounts to the same)

Try these fixes and if some of you have success with it pls post so others know whether it works or not.

- Crapper

PS: For those with wifi, you ppl can also try the TCP/IPv6 fix... who knows, it might just help.

Crapper
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Back to top Go down

Windows 7 and lag Empty Re: Windows 7 and lag

Post by windfucker Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:31 am

ty but nothing helped. especially the reg. edit. i just lost my sound nothing more and the router thing, it was fine on my vista so i didnt disable it now.and i had optimizer before.
windfucker
windfucker
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : Joker Element

http://jokerelement.21.forumer.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:42 am

Win7 ? Nab pirat

Try this

* Open regedit
* Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Multimedia\SystemProfile
* There will be an entry for network performance throttling, default value is 10; set it to FFFFFFFF hex (willl look like 0xFFFFFFFF to the right of the entry)
* Reboot
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down