European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows live Messenger forced upgrade

5 posters

Go down

Windows live Messenger forced upgrade Empty Windows live Messenger forced upgrade

Post by Devil Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:00 am

Hey guys,

I'm not sure how many of you still use Msn 9.0 but for those who do you will notice that you're gradually being forced to update it to Msn 2011 which is crap (no off to Crapper xD).

Windows live Messenger forced upgrade Updateforced

It happened to Nega a couple of days ago and it happened to me today, though I didn't want to go down without a fight. After researching za webs for a while i discovered several work-arounds this:

- Changing compatibility mode: if you're on Win7, you can find your Msn 9.0 startup icon, go to properties - > compatibility - > change it to Windows Vista (or Windows Vista Sp1). As it seems, Windows Vista (except for the Sp2) didn't have the framework necessary to run this update and thus it won't force you to update anymore.

- Download Msn Reviver. This is a nice little tool I've found on a blog (here), it has lots of positive feedback though I haven't tried it myself.
For those of you who are a little skeptical about installing strange software, you might want to just do the compatibility mode.

That's all for now, lets hope microsoft will take a while before they start screwing with us again Suspect
Devil
Devil
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Windows live Messenger forced upgrade Empty Re: Windows live Messenger forced upgrade

Post by Anette Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:06 am

I use version 2009 build 14, is that what you call MSN 9.0?
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Windows live Messenger forced upgrade Empty Re: Windows live Messenger forced upgrade

Post by Devil Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:10 am

Anette wrote:I use version 2009 build 14, is that what you call MSN 9.0?

Yes, I use the same version
Devil
Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Anette Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:15 am

ah, well I already have it in compatibility mode to get it to look normal on win7 by the tray, maybe thats why I dont get any updates ^^

but thanks for the info, as I don't wanna upgrade it ;D
Anette
Anette
Site Admin

Clan : Insomnia

http://insomnia.forumup.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:46 am

I use. www.ebuddy.com. Thanks for the info. THEY WILL NEVER GET ME! They will never get me to update! FU MSN! FU APPLE! FU ASUS!
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sasha Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:16 am

I've used miranda-im for msn.
Looks a bit naked, but utterly stable and lagless
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

xD , np glad to share the info

I've tried Miranda and I've tried Trilian and a couple of others, but what can I say, when you grow used to one IM it's hard to let go. However, it might be time to start experimenting with others ^^
Devil
Devil

Back to top Go down

Post by Zeckett Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks Dev, now I will be ready for them when they come! RAGE

Zeckett

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down