European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Series/Anime

3 posters

Go down

TV Series/Anime Empty TV Series/Anime

Post by Zeckett Tue May 31, 2011 6:26 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to know what you watch, recommend, like, dislike, pretty much everything Very Happy

I've watched/am watching a pretty good amount of series, and my favourite being The Mentalist, wich I'm dying to watch the 4th season to come yet, argh..

Plot:

The Mentalist is about Patrick Jane, a guy that is an independent consultant for a fictionalised version of the California Bureau of Investigation (CBI, wich basicly is like FBI, but only on California. There is FBI in the series, and ofc they are above CBI) based in Sacramento, California. Although not an officer of the law of any sort, he uses skills from his former career as a successful psychic medium (which was a lie, as he does not believe anyone actually has psychic abilities) to help a team of CBI agents solve various crimes in a kinda different way, with the hope of one day bringing Red John, the murderer of his wife and daughter to justice.

IMO this serie has drama, a bit of action and lots of humour, because Patrick Jane is just awesome. Trust me Laughing

9,5/10 Razz

So here's my first contribution, if anyone wants to share their series, awesome, keeping this topic alive will make me post about other series Smile .

(Please, if you talk about anything related to the storyline of some show, be careful not to spoil, or, at least, leave a spoil warning Smile )

Zeckett
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : \v/ for Vendetta

Back to top Go down

TV Series/Anime Empty Re: TV Series/Anime

Post by Negative Tue May 31, 2011 7:00 pm

Okay since this is a TV series thread, I assume animes can fit here too.

So I just finished watching Code Geass. And it was actually one of the most interesting and complex animes I've ever seen so far, so I 100% recommend it.

Plot : On August 10th of the year 2010 the Holy Empire of Britannia began a campaign of conquest, its sights set on Japan. Operations were completed in one month thanks to Britannia's deployment of new mobile humanoid armor vehicles dubbed Knightmare Frames. Japan's rights and identity were stripped away, the once proud nation now referred to as Area 11. Its citizens, Elevens, are forced to scratch out a living while the Britannian aristocracy lives comfortably within their settlements. Pockets of resistance appear throughout Area 11, working towards independence for Japan.
Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Through a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!

Well it has really interesting charachters, a great plot and an awesome main charachter that will blow your mind. So basically I'd give it a 10/10.

Negative

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

Post by settorex Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:38 am

the good old Ghost in the Shell.

Masamune Shirow is a Master. His wepons design is awesome. (check also "appleseed")

PLOT
Ghost in the Shell is set in the not-too-distant future, when an unnamed government uses lifelike cyborgs or "enhanced" humans for undercover work. One of the key cyborgs is The Major, Motoko Kusanagi, who resembles a cross between The Terminator and a Playboy centerfold. She finds herself caught up in a tangled web of espionage and counterespionage as she searches for the mysterious superhacker known as "The Puppet Master."

one of the story that has most influenced the science-fiction genre with the cyberpunk style.
7-10 (it's quite old)

settorex
settorex
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : clanless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down