European Babo Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz

+10
Devil
Geronimo
nemo
Gloom
Cinc
Mnk
raven
Sasha
Baboow
Martz
14 posters

Go down

[Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz Empty [Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz

Post by Martz Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:16 am

Hey guyz,

Here are some advices you could use to defend. Ofc, these are general tips, so they do not work every time, in every situation.
There is no absolute rule, everyone has his own way to defend. But, if you pay attention to the good defenders playing babo, you can find some common points in their game, though they have their own styles.

Things you should do :

- It is obvious for some people, but i'm still gonna point out:
You've to learn where the main spawns on the maps are located, because this allows the defender to "predict" the arrival of an attacker(this is essential). Thus, thanks to this knowledge, your mates won't have a hard time to come back to the base and score (cause you'd have contained enemies who just respawned), whereas otherwise you would have lost the flag for example, and your allies would have scored with much more difficulty.

- If you know where the main spawns are, it is good. If you use this knowledge wisely, it is better.
For this, you must always watch the dead list (enemies and allies), the minimap and informations that your mates give you.
Watching who dies allows you to synchronize your nades with the incoming enemy who just respawned, or to hide if you know that this is a sniper who spawned.
The minimap makes you able to have an overview of the game, and to see where your mates are with the enemy flag returning home (Go Help), by knowing from where the enemy is coming.

- When a defender is not subject of enemie's attacks : he sprays the area with smg to help his teammates (and you know...to not fall asleep I just wet myself), without forgetting the minimap, dead players, news of the allies and the flag.

- When 2 enemies attack at the same time : I do not have an advice that will work every time, but i will explain what i do.
I try to kill one of the attackers (go for the lower one, because the goal here is to kill him as quickly as possible) but I try to do this while being positioned in a way that the 2nd attacker can't shoot at me. After having killed the first attacker, i get the HP he dropped and (in the best case) shoot the other one. Generally in this situation :
-> Use whatever you have : smg, pop ups, shield, nades, flame.
-> Do not underestimate yourself. It is when you feel you'll lose that the enemy is winning.
-> Creativity, originality (feel free to leave your base (not too far) if it will allow you to win the 2v1, put your enemies in uncomfortables positions/blocked).

Things you should not do :

- Look for the kill : When you look for a duel (in cm), there is a risk that you will lose.
If the defender loses, no more defense, no more flag. That's why, in general cases, I recommend to not look for the kill.
Plus you can't manage spawns at the same time...
BUT, this is a general advice. What you should do depends of the situation.

- Never go too far away from the flag (main risk is losing the flag) unless it's for helping the flag carrier ally or all attack.

- When you're in your base, don't be stationary (this is the best way to get shot) unless you are positioned in a way to surprise the opponent. Do not always stay in the same area to defend, if the attacker notices it you will receive a rather nice nade.

- Don't shot for nothing. It Makes yourself noticed by the enemies on the minimap.

Few tips and tricks :

* Take a step back from the game. Analyze information provided to you and do not rush. A calm and thoughful way of playing is a much better solution, in my opionion.

* Take the time you need to contain the enemy offensive, let me explain : Unlike the attackers, Defenders aren't pressed by the time (except in special situations such as 6/6 to 2 minutes from the end of the game). Everyone doesn't pay attention to this detail.

* The gunside is well known, especially by the defenders. I use it sometimes. But I prefer to be more free in my way to defend than staying behind a wall to shoot. Anyway, this is my opinion but I think gunside could be useful in defence. That's why I recommend it.

* In defence, killing the enemy isn't the only way. I have sometimes come to defend and hold the enemies without killing them. A flame and/or grenades can afford to slow down and/or stand back the enemy attack.

I hope this few lines helped. If some of you have some question, suggestion, comment or anything that is relevant, know that I'm all ears.
Thanks again Devil, for the grammar correction.
Martz
Martz
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Clan : \v/

Back to top Go down

[Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz Empty Re: [Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz

Post by Baboow Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:44 am

Nice guide martzy, well done Smile

Baboow
I am a Babo in real life!

Clan : wicked Skillz

Back to top Go down

[Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz Empty Re: [Gameplay] Some tips to improve your defense skillz

Post by Sasha Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:11 am

ya, great martz Smile
I hope people wouldnt miss this part
For this, you must always watch the dead list (enemies and allies)
from now on.
Sasha
Sasha
Friendless Babo
Friendless Babo

Clan : ►

Back to top Go down

Post by raven Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:31 am

great work Martz, will be really useful Wink
raven
raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mnk Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:38 am

Nice post Smile
Mnk
Mnk
Hello! I am a Hipster.

Clan : tCC

http://insomnia.forumup.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinc Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:44 am

Nice guide, if ever wanted to write one it would go just like this Very Happy
Cinc
Cinc
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Gloom Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Good contribution.
Gloom
Gloom

Clan : Star Clan

Back to top Go down

Post by nemo Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 am

Nice martz. I know that you did it a long time ago because u sent me this document by msn 1 year ago Wink
nemo
nemo
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : )(

Back to top Go down

Post by Martz Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 pm

@ nemo : You're right.
I've wrote this for my ex-team mates, and few french mates.
This is the modified and english version.

I'm glad this can be useful for anyone. Thanks for the compliments guys Very Happy
Martz
Martz
Spamming Babo
Spamming Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Geronimo Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 am

very nice guide martz ^^

Geronimo
Mr. Stubborn
Mr. Stubborn

Clan : Invisibles

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:36 am

Great job, Martz, told you it would be useful for the community. Wink
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 am

Pfha! Suspect Already knew that. Usless for Varlan V. Varlan Mad

Razz
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Malin Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:46 am

Yay, nice Smile

varlan wrote:Pfha! Suspect Already knew that. Usless for Varlan V. Varlan Mad

o plz... We all know you're the best, but for some1 who starts playin' in def it's usefull information Smile
Malin
Malin
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : Vendetta

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:10 am

Yea. FOR YOU MAYBE!!! Mad
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Devil Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:54 pm

varlan wrote:Yea. FOR YOU MAYBE!!! Mad

Var is right actually. This tutorial is not for him.
Yeah... this is way too advanced.

Tutorials for Var should start with:
" To move left - press "a"
To move right - press "d"

* Yes, you CAN shoot and move at the same time. Go ahead, Try it!"

Disclaimer: This post means no offense to any tutorial ever made. This post is directed only and entirely to the entity know as Varlan V Varlan.
This post is basing its existence on Var's far fetched humor, thus it's meant as a joke Wink
jocolor
Devil
Devil

Clan : V

Back to top Go down

Post by cmnndr Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:26 pm

=))
cmnndr
cmnndr
Quality Poster.
Quality Poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andi Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:08 am

great tips, thanks! Smile
Andi
Andi
Babo Spam-a-lot
Babo Spam-a-lot

Clan : >?<

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisky Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:53 am

Nice Guide Very Happy
Whisky
Whisky
Medium Babo
Medium Babo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum